Chapter Tweleve: Final Goodbye

Andy's P.O.V

We moved the date of funeral forward, not knowing how much longer I've got left. I need to say good bye. There aren't many people here, only some of Rye's family and some of his old school friends.

I try my hardest to not let any tears leave my eyes but I instantly fail. I hold my other hand to calm myself but only his hand could calm me...

I step out of my chair, making my way to the front where his coffin is... I don't look at the crowd, I don't talk to the crowd, I talk to Rye...

"Rye, I'm so sorry... I put you through so much, we should've spent every living second together, but, how could anyone expect it to all end like this...

You made sure what we thought was my last day was my best, it was, but it wasn't mine it was yours... I-I'm glad we spent that day together, it was perfect.

But now you're up there with the angels... you... you're a real angel now Rye..."

I look up, remembering every last feature of his beautiful face, imagining him looking down upon me.

"I miss you already, you deserved a better longer, better life than this... you deserved everything, so much more than me. But you still chose me..."

I choke on a sob, memories of all the time we spent together flooding back to me. That's all he is now, a memory.

"I love you..." I whisper...

Only one more chapter left xxx
@tvrtnhc