Chapter Eighteen : Reality

Start from the beginning

"I don't need reassurances," he gritted, trying to not change his intonation for the sake of the child, tell me what has happened in the days I wasn't present." He ordered Niall.

When the entire length of the prior happenings had receded, there were sounds of blaring canons in the periphery and instantaneously drum beats in a group of threes resonated the camp, claiming they had won the war but the Alpha wanted to see his Omega and hoped nothing fatal occurred to him. Hoping this tingling feeling in the bond wasn't due to any unnatural calamity.

* * *

By the time the stain of vermilion receded the blue skies, the army had begun its retreat to the camp like birds to its nest after sundown, nearly the entirety of the force had been unharmed with an exception of some minor injuries here and there but the contentment from the soldiers was resonating contentment.

Harry had placed his sleeping child in the cot and quickly moved to the entrance waiting for his Omega's arrival when a number of horses stationed a few feet away from the tents. He noticed that Reus and Andrew were the first commanders to arrive and report the happenings and the first words they spoke were, Were grateful, Your Majesty," they thanked him, that you took him as an omega."

"He has prevented so many deaths today." Reus informed him and Adam shortly joined in, He changed the entire battlefield today with his strategy."

Drawing litany upon litany about his omega which was joined in by many other commanders, making his heart swell with an infinite amount of pride and momentarily discard his anger with Louis until Zayn and Nick arrived.

"Where is he?" Harry asked to which the two warriors' face creased in worry, We have searched the entire grounds, can't find him," Nick said stepping down from his horse.

"I saw him late noon, pursuing west," Zayn responded, trying to gather any information on his absent friend but before Harry could even give out a few more orders, a horse raced towards their camp from the far distance in an ungodly speed and halted before the Emperor, the feet of the horse flying into the wind while Louis' grasp tightened on the reigns, keeping himself firmly on the stallion, as the animal lowered himself to the ground.

Louis looked beaten up. Dust resided all over his robes, his armour's right arm had been ripped leaving his clothed hand covered with dust, leaving his hair dishevelled. His usual pale complexion had been layered with sandy winds, and a sharp cut through his skin on his cheekbone which had been dried up with blood. The blue hues which were studded on his face looked tired with exhaustion pooling down in them.

Getting down from his horse, Louis removed the ropes which were tied to his seat and surprisingly, right behind him. Raking his right palm through the black hair of the Alpha, he dragged him single-handedly, as his limp body tried to free himself but Louis' grip was distinctly stronger. Pulling him he harshly shoved him to his Alpha's feet.

Everyone present was dumbfounded by Louis' demonstration. Nick's eyes widened at the display of ruthlessness while Zayn's jaw dropped. His aggressiveness appalled probably everyone regardless of their gender. His strength and infallible passion almost melted into unadulterated perfection which no Alpha, Beta or Omega could rival.

Looking up at his Alpha who definitely saw the pain he curtained in the blinds of his eyes."Bind him as a prisoner, we can kill him later." He recommended.

"Why not immediately?" Harry questioned.

"Because I wish to speak to you on more pressing matters."