Chapter 5: The Alpha Male of Beacon Part 1

Start from the beginning

Cardin: Speak for yourself...

Glynda:Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!

The bell rings, and students start leaving while Pyrrha continues to frown sadly. Jaune, still sitting on the floor, hangs his head in shame as everyone starts to leave.

Timeskip

Nora: So! There we were, in the middle of the night...

Ren: It was day.

Nora:We were surrounded by Ursai...

Ren:They were Beowolves.

Nora: Dozens of them!

Ren: Two of 'em.

Nora: But they were no match... And in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs!"

Ren: She's been having this recurring dream for nearly a month now.

Y/n: And how do you know about this dream then?

Ren: Uhh.... (under his breath) crap he's actually smart compared to these fools.

Y/n: He accepts the comment and he does realize that he is talking in the thirdperson. Also I have excellent hearing.

Pyrrha: Jaune? Are you okay?

Jaune: Huh? Oh, yeah! Why?

Ruby: It's just that you seem a little... notokay...

Jaune: Guys, I'm fine. Seriously! Look!

Jaune holds up a thumb while laughing nervously until his attention is focused on the members of Team CRDL, standing around a girl with brown rabbit ears jutting from her hair as Cardin laughs at her and Sky Lark holds up his hands to his head in a mock interpretation of her unusual features. You start to boil with anger looking at the scene infront of you.

Pyrrha: Jaune, Cardin's been picking on you since the first week of school!

Jaune: Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah... He just likes to mess around! You know, practical jokes!

Ruby: He's a bully.

Jaune: Oh, please! Name one time he's 'bullied' me.

Ruby: What about the time he knocked down your books?

Pyrrha: Or the time he open your sheath in the middle of the doorway.

Ruby: Or the time he shove you into a locker.

The others are totally focused on him now.

Jaune: I didn't land far from the school!

Pyrrha: Jaune, you know if you ever need help, you can just ask.

Nora: Ooooh! We'll break his legs!

Jaune: Guys, really, it's fine! Besides, it's not like he's only a jerk to me; he's a jerk to everyone.