Eater Demon

We scramble up standing alert. My eyes honed in on the tiny pieces of glass sprawled out on the floor winking at me with mischief.

A low growl erupts and I slowly turn my head to the right as does Zelenia. She snaps her head back suddenly and places her finger on her lip signaling me to act quietly. We tiptoe to the wall that leads to the kitchen and peer around it.

Red flesh with pieces of white slimy fat hangs off the creature loosely and my eyes sweep over its huge dinosaur-like feet and cat-like claws. It grabs anything and everything it can out of the fridge not caring whether it was encased in plastic or uncooked. It just ate everything consuming anything it could get its hands even it wasn't food.

It's like a black hole.

Orange juice, water, and blood splash all over the floor. Though it is not human it stood up like one and crouched over into the fridge like one.

When it hit its head on the ceiling on the inside of the fridge it let out a high pitch screech making me flinch. I'm yanked back making me knock my knuckle against the wall. The slosh and growl of the never-ending consumer halted.

Clicking sounds, 3 seconds apart, it's walking.

She pushes me and we tiptoe to a room down the hall and open the door slightly making a loud creak. Zelenia stops moving the door as the creature moves quicker to where we are. The claws grip to the wall as it comes around the corner.

No eyes, nose, ears, just a mouth. Like it was made to just eat everything.

Zelenias figure shudders as she tries to hold in a whimper. She places her hands over her mouth slowly and looks at me with wide fearful eyes. I put my hands up and mouth 'stay here'.

She shakes her head no quickly before reaching for me. I rapidly wave my hands making her stop.

'The floor will creak!' I mouth. She slowly drops her arms and nods. The creature slowly moves towards us, it's steps are slow and calculated.

'Once again' I mouth 'stay here and don't move'.

I turn carefully and slowly used all my core strength to not apply too much pressure or make to much noise. I make it to a door and open it slowly and carefully. The thud of my heart beating louder in my head makes it harder to hear anything. I open it wide enough and see it's a bathroom door. I silently walk back to Zelenia as it's now staring at her. She shakes violently as its mouth opens like it's curious. I wave my hand back and the door slams shut. The creatures head snaps to the door and begin to crawl running into it making it break. I drag Zelenia into what looks like Jay's bedroom and slowly move the door but not closing it. Can't have it hear the door click.

"What are we gonna do?" Zelenia breaths. I shrug and look around the room. There has to be something in here. I hear the clicks the creature makes as it hisses looking for its prey, or in this case, us.

I move towards the door peeking out at it. Suddenly my head beings to ache and throb. I can feel my face scrunch in discomfort as it grows stronger; my eyesight beings to blur a bit. All of a sudden the creature is highlighted in white light. A little boy sits in the pit of the stomach covered in food, blood, and maybe even bile. I breathe out and blink quickly as the image of the boy goes in and out.

My knees hit the floor with a thud as the pain consumes my mind and I grip the sides of my skull. The door beside me is slammed shut and Zelenia begins to move to me as she shakes me and asks me what's wrong.

"Don..... get Don" I whisper and break into a groan. A loud bang at the door and screech makes me cry out in pain. Zelenia stands turning in every direction looking like a headless chicken.