One shot 2

This takes place after the letter is sent.

Jameel dialouges – italics and bold.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its been two days since I posted that letter along with all my desires in that tiny box. Here bari chachi was getting nervous day by day and Jameel bhaiyaa for some odd reason was not able to look me in the eye anymore. Around 2pm all of us were sitting in the courtyard eating the daal that bua had made when suddenly we were disturbed by the knock on the door. Shakeel ran to see who it was expecting his friends but rather came back disappointed with a letter in the hand. The minute he said it was from Mazhar chachu, bari chachi almost lept out of the chair in anticipation and reached for the letter . Daadi urged her to lead it out loud while Jameel bhaiyaa got up to wash his hand, so his so called gairat wouldn't be hurt but he was still near enough to listen to the conversation. In all this I stayed put refusing to stop eating not giving him the satisfaction that I was still affected by him as I told him the other day that I won't forget him by which I meant the pain he enlisted on me. As she read the letter the colour drained from her face telling daadi that they rejected the proposal , they didn't want their daughter to marry someone who is now a part of Muslim League .At that moment I looked up towards him and smirked which made him stomp of with such anger .I did not feel bad for him at all , his ego and arrogance had no bound these days. After that I got up from there not wanting to sit here longer and listen to these women now cursing the same women, they wrote the letter to. Humans I tell you have so many faces with selfishness being most of them.

The rest of the day passed like that with no one really able to comprehend what just happened. Jameel bhaiyaa left the house and I haven't seen him ever since. I finally had time to sit on the terrace and contemplate what did I really want. Do I still want him after all the insults and humiliation he gave me, or do I move on and maybe find someone who would actually love me? One thing I do know is forced love is not love, if that was the case Jameel bhaiyaa would have loved and even everyone in the house would have loved me too but that was not the case .

I was still in my thoughts when I heard footsteps coming towards me and I knew who it was , but I was too emotionally exhausted to face him right now so , I decided to just ignore him and go downstairs to sleep . But that was exactly what was not on his mind. I could tell he was angry from his face. And then the dreaded conversation started.

"I hope you are really happy and satisfied with yourself today Chammi."

"And why do you think like that"

"Well stop pretending we both know that you love me and that you probably wrote something in the letter to Chachi, so just tell me know."

"AHAHAH I can't believe it, I'm not that petty, I wrote that letter in front of your mother. You just can't fathom that someone would reject this literate BA pass "

"Chammi you should stay in your limits don't act over smart with me and don't even think you have a chance now, nothing has changed between us."

"Don't stoke your ego, now I wouldn't want to marry someone with so much arrogance and was just rejected by his own cousin now would I. "

"Chammi I'm telling you..."

"Enough! me and you its over, its better to end this conversation right here before we say anything that we both regret."

With that he walked off and I prayed to Allah to give me strength to stand my ground and start respecting myself