- twenty six -

After an extremely tiresome but equally rewarding day roaming around Champs Elysées, Palais Garnier and the Eiffel tower, Xander and I headed towards Asher's restaurant for dinner.

He had been calling all day to remind Xander to bring me for dinner. We took a cab, since it was too far to walk to. Throughout the car ride, we both remained in a comfortable silent, both in awe by the sights of the beautiful buildings and parks we passed through.

Asher embraced Xander in a bro-hug once we reached and then walked over to hug me, only to be pushed back by Xander. Tessa and I laughed at this, shaking our heads.

I walked up to him and hugged him from the side, earning a glare from Xander.

We talked for a few minutes before having dinner and then a few hours afterwards.

Tessa had been in Paris a little longer than Asher and she told us that she was running a boutique with her own collection of custom-made clothes, handbags and jewelleries.

She gifted me a beautiful rose gold necklace with matching earrings and I promised to get her an autographed message of the famous local indie singer Róseanne, whom I had produced a song for last summer.

Asher and Xander were immersed in their own conversation, totally ignorant of the fact that Tessa and I had been secretly exchanging gifts ourselves.

I had met Tessa only thrice, including today, very briefly while dropping by to eat at Asher's, but we became so comfortable around each other, as if we'd been friends forever. She offered to take me shopping around her store.

I decided that it'd be a great idea since I wanted to give time to Xander and Asher too.

Asher was a complete gentleman. He was so lovely, kind, charming, handsome and everything nice, oh the list could go forever. I wonder how he befriended someone like Xander. I smirked to myself at the thought of this.

Xander and Asher walked back to where Tessa and I were and sat down beside us.

"Asher, are you single?" I blurted, out of curiosity.

Xander gave me a pointed look, scoffing.

Asher grinned, shaking his head in response. "I got dumped almost a year ago and I've been single since then." He shrugged.

"You? Got dumped? What was she? Insane?" I couldn't help but exclaim.

Tessa scrunched her nose, leaning forward to get a bottle of beer from the table. "Oh honey, I'm telling you. She's wise to let go of this dumbfuck. The only thing he's good at is to annoy people for fun." She gave me an assuring smile.

And Asher for the first time since I've met him, looked annoyed, flashing a fake smile to his sister.

How cute.

"Why are you asking him whether he's single or not?" Xan smirked, raising his eyebrows.

"Uh well, if things don't work out between us, I'll move to Paris and marry Asher. God, our kids are going to be gorgeous." I joked, a haughty smile playing on my lips.

Tessa and Asher laughed at this, but Xander didn't find it so amusing.

He nodded, pursing his lips.

"So how long do you plan to endure him? I'm impatient to marry you already." Asher played along, smirking.

"Excuse me? 'Endure'?" Xander butted in, scoffing.