Chapter 7

"Mommy, she is my pretty eonnie"

Both Luhan and Jihye swiftly turn their face to Lami. They really are in disbelief Lami says that loudly and confidently. Lami spills right in front of their parents and this is so crazy. Now, Jihye's parents stare at Lami, asking for an explanation. This situation really is a chaos, even Luhan and Jihye have nothing to say, they are so speechless.

"Ah, so you are Lami's pretty eonnie" Luhan's mother talks as she gets everything now. Now the puzzle is complete and she is contented with it.

"It's a relief, so, you two are friends" His mother continues and Jihye just smiles awkwardly. She feels like her brain stop working, not able to think.

"We're just classmate"

Luhan denies and clears everything at the same time. Jihye's smile disappears. She doesn't know why but she feels a little bit upset with his statement. Nothing is wrong with his words and honestly that's the truth but she can't help feeling that way. She just stays quiet and not long after that, the door is open and waiters come inside with silver trays on their hand. They set and serve the food on table and immediately excuse theirselves. They right away begin the dinner and the conversation about Luhan and Jihye's relationship continues. Mrs. Lu is so curious about their relationship and keeps asking this and that. Both Luhan and Jihye give only a casual and shallow answer. Inside their mind, they blame each other over and over again. They hate it but they need to prepare theirselves because most probably they are going to meet and see each other more often in near future as the talk about business goes to a positive direction.

***

The dinner is over but the conversation is endless. Start from business to old memories of highschool, the parents drown into their own world. Sometimes they involve Luhan and Jihye in their conversation but forget about Lami until she nags and whines about how bored she is. She pouts and froms but then suggests to eat ice cream with Jihye. She is excited to hear the answer when her mother asks Jihye to accompany her. Truthfully Jihye doesn't want to but she knows that Lami rejects rejection, so she unwillingly nods her head.

"I'm very sure Jihye will enjoy the time, she always wants a sibling" Jihye's father talks and informs.

Lami just cheers cutely and now Jihye smiles sincerely. After all, it's not a really bad idea as she is going to spend some time alone with a little sister that she misses and she doesn't need to see Luhan's face any longer. After that, Jihye excuses herself and holds Lami's hand softly. She leads the way and she is going to bring Lami to the ice cream shop which is only two buildings away. She actually feels uncomfortable to walk in public with that dress but since it's really near, she shakes it off. Once they step outside, the wind blows and makes them shiver. It's cold and instinctively she pulls Lami closer.

"It's really cold yet you still want to eat ice cream"

Jihye talks at Lami and giggles. Softly, she embraces Lami's shoulder and pulls her even closer in a hope that it will make Lami a little warmer. They walk side by side and of course talk about fairytale. They are into the story but suddenly someone grabs Jihye's wrist. She is so ready to snap as she thinks it's none other than Luhan, but when she turns around and sees a stranger there, her body trembles in fear. It's a man in his thirties and he looks drunk. He is about to place his hand on her body, but she takes a step back and avoids it.

"Who are you? Let me go" Jihye raises her tone as she tries to defend herself.

"Come with me and let's have some fun" The man talks incoherently as he drags Jihye.

It's shocking and in a second Jihye's mind turns blank. She is dragged a meter away but when she feels a pull on her other hand, she turns and sees how Lami tries to stop that bad man. It hits her and she immediately gives a resistance. She draws her hand from the man's grip forcefully as once in a while she turns to see Lami in worry. She wants to scream for help but her tongue is numb. She freaks out when her effort seems useless. That man just grips tighter and drags her harshly. She is taken aback by the stranger's abusive manner and looks around as she begs for help with her eyes. People just stare and watch but they refuse to be involved. She is desperate and panic. She really needs a help.

***

After Jihye and Lami leave, Luhan is busy with his phone as he sometimes talks when there is a question for him. The parents all of the sudden return to their talk about business and he immediately puts away his phone to listen. He gives opinion and it's an outstanding one. Everybody praises him and he enjoys it so much. It's not long after that, his mother calls him and he sees his mother's eyes land on Lami's coat. He has a bad feeling and right.

"It's cold outside, go after them and give this to your sister" His mother talks and he shows his disagreement.

"But---"

"No buts" His mother cuts him off as she hands down the coat, leaving him with no choice.

Luhan sighs but he obeys. He puts on his own coats before he leaves with Lami's coat on his hand. As he walks outside, he considers if he should go back and take Jihye's coat too, but he shrugs and chooses not to care. He asks a waiter about the nearest ice cream shop and gets the information about one, a couple blocks away. He says thank and goes there immediately. He only walks for seconds but he petrifies when he sees a man forcefully drag Jihye and his sister. There is a lot of people but no one tries to stop the bastard. He is mad and he clenches his teeth in anger. He wastes no time as he rushes to help. He faintly hears that man's nasty words and he begins to run. Once he is close enough, he pushes that man away and shouts.

"Stop it" Luhan's voice is low yet deadly terrifying, but for Jihye it just sounds like a breath of hope.

"Who are you to ruin my night? She is my girl" The man babbles drunkenly.

"Oh, just shut up, I'm her husband, and that little girl is my daughter, I could end you right here right now, you know"

Luhan has nothing inside his mind. He blurts a lie as he thinks 'husband' is a powerful word to stop this situation. In the other hand, Jihye bites her lips, feeling taken aback by his statement. She is not even his friend but now he claims her as his wife. It's a nonsense but still, his word successfully saves her life. The man is in daze, he looks at Jihye to Lami and back to Luhan. He blinks his eyes and when his sense back, he bows and apologizes before he runs away stumbly.

"Are you alright?" Luhan asks Lami right away. She nods and smiles as she takes Luhan hand and holds it. He smiles at his sister and strokes the back of her hand. Afterwards, he faces Jihye and worry is all over his gaze. This is new to her and she feels like she is going to melt down.

"Are you alright?" Luhan asks Jihye. The tone is gentle, stroking her ears. She nods at him and he slightly gives her a reassuring smile. 

"Lami-ya, here" Luhan kneels down as he enrobes a coat to her.

Lami just smiles to Luhan and looks at Jihye. She holds Jihye's hand and immediately panic on Jihye's face goes away. Thankfully Lami is not affected by that awful incident and it just makes Jihye smile. She is about to take her step but she halts when Luhan gently grabs her wrist.

"Jihye" He calls her and when she turns around, she watches him start taking off his own coat.

"Luhan, it's alright---" She tries to stop him but he takes it off completely "---no need to do that" She continues but her words change his expression. He kinda looks mad.

"You, idiot, just gratefully take this---" He pauses and sighs "---look around, those men already strip you off with their eyes, so swallow your pride and wear this" He raises his tone.

Jihye just listens to him, though he almost yells at her, but she's not mad at all. She just feels taken aback because of how worry and gentle he is. She realizes that actually he cares about her. Without saying anything, she reaches out her hand, ready to take the coat. But instead of giving it to her, he just takes a step closer and puts the coat around her shoulder.

"I will come with you and Lami"

Jihye just stares at him, her gaze is different. Luhan looks back at her and says "Just don't say no, I will protect you both" He ends it with a smile and she really wants to faint. She is in a shock because of how soft and sweet he is.

"Yeah, let's eat ice cream"

Lami holds Luhan's and Jihye's hand. They just smile to the youngest and walks with her. Luhan sometimes glances at Jihye and watches her talk with Lami. Today, he learns something. Though Jihye is his ultimate enemy, but she has a special place in his life. He is not aware of the reason yet but it is all because deep down, he is attached to her.

***