41.

Anderson stormed into his hotel room in a fit of rage. He removed his jacket and flung it to the floor, then reached into his hair and tugged. Gosh, he wished he could rip his head off, so the images of Sydney’s tear stained face would leave him in peace. He wished he had not seen her tears or she had not admitted to be hurting. He wished he had not been such a jerk to her. But what could he do, he loathed her as much as he loved her. His bad side wanted her to experience the same pain he had felt when she left him at the altar, but his good side hated him for what he did. He hurt the woman he loved all because he wanted to soothe his wounded ego.   

“Baby,” the voice, which spoke made him aware that he was not alone. Soft hands touched his shoulder as she asked. “What is wrong? You are on edge.” She moved her hands up and down his back to soothe his tightened muscles, but it only made him even angrier. Moving away from her, he spoke harshly.

“I am not in the mood to talk to you right now.”

A small smile made its way onto her thin lips. “Are you stressed out because of your brother?”

She had just reminded him of another problem that has been disturbing him, Hansen. His brother has not been himself since that incident three years ago. After losing both parents in one day, he had gone into a state of shock and then fell into a coma. Anderson had thought he would lose his brother too, because he had been in that condition for months. Thankfully, he had woken up, but, unfortunately, he lost his memory. He did not remember the events of the last five months, which led to the deaths of the parents. Anderson was a little relieved because that saved him from the pain of learning the truth about his mother. Now, Hansen was half way cross the world following his childhood dream of being a pianist. Come to think of it, Hansen was not the problem. Although, he was afraid that he might be regaining his memories because lately, he said he had been having some weird dreams.

“No it’s not him.” Anderson replied while pulling at his necktie.

“Then what is it my love?” She moved to him, patting his back. “Is there anything I can do to help take this stress away?” She kissed his neck, trying to get him to react to her but he stepped away, raising his voice at her.  

“I said I am not in the mood to talk!”

“Who said anything about talking, baby?” She pulled at her zipper and allowed her dress to hit the floor. Now standing in her white lace bra and matching panties, she said. “I want you.” She swayed seductively towards him, only the way she knew how to and claimed his lips. When he was not responding to the kiss, she threw her arm around his neck and brought him closer to her. Usually, when he was playing hard to get, she would brush her tongue on his lower lip, which was his weakness and get him to respond to her. When she did that, instead of the expected response of him kissing her back, throwing her on the bed and ravishing her, he uncoiled her hands and stepped back from her. “Anderson,” A frown creased her forehead.

“I am not in the mood.” He snapped, going to pick her dress off the floor and throwing it at her. “Get out of my room.” He pointed to the door.

“What?” She gasped. “I am your girlfriend and this is our room.”

“Not anymore.” He replied.

“You, bastard!” She stomped her feet. “Now I see why your fiancée left you.”

Anderson came rushing towards her so fast that, she did not see him coming until he was right in front of her. “Get out.” He breathed, nostrils flaring and eyes staring daggers. She flinched, as she had never seen this side of him before.