Chapter Twenty Seven (Leave): Put On Your Masks :)

Start from the beginning

His hands disappeared from your body and you collasped onto the ground from a sudden wave of exhaustion. You wanted nothing more than to sleep, but you couldn't risk leaving yourself vulnerable. Instead, you pushed off of the ground and sat up, grabbing your phone out of your pocket to see if Amy replied. Not so surprisingly, there was no service in this room.

You stared at the metal door, eyes running along the silver scratches and stains covering it. The hinges were rusted and there was a little blacked out window towards the top. The single light hanging from the center of the ceiling emitted just enough light to leave the corners of the room shrowded in darkness.

As you sat there and zoned out on the door, you wondered just where Mask ran off to so urgently. Hopefully he wouldn't be back anytime soon and Team (Y/N) would come to your rescue. You hated that you had to be rescued at all, but you could have never counted on Ethan turning into Blank. You needed to find a way to change him back or he would be stuck like that... forever.

~

"(Y/N)."

...

"(Y/N)!"

...

"Wake up!"

A somewhat hushed voice startled you awake, your eyes opening wide at the sound of the voice. Everything around you was white and hazy, the room lacking any noise other than the ones you made. You searched around for the owner of the voice that woke you, but you couldn't see them anywhere.

"Is anybody in here?" You asked as you stood. The air was perfectly still and calm, your heart pounding steadily. You thought you could actually hear it because of the complete silence.

"(Y/N)?" The masculine voice said from behind you. You jolted and whipped around so quickly that you thought you might have displaced your organs from the movement.

There the man stood in a white suit with a white shirt and gold tie. His skin wasn't grey and his eyes weren't ringed with black so he couldn't be Dark, but his skin was a bit too pale to be Mark.

"Who are you?" You questioned, keeping your distance from the stranger. For all you know, this could be one of Mask's tricks. "How are you in my dream?"

"My name is Mark, but I am not your Mark." He said without any sort of gusto that your Mark usually had. He looked afraid, his eyes darting around the room every few seconds. "In my reality, I inherited the demon Maskiplier's abilities through a deal we made years ago."

"What kind of deal?" You were beginning to wonder if this was some weird fever dream, but at least this man seemed to be willing to give you clear answers. "What do you mean 'your reality'?"

"I'm from an alternate timeline. I was pulled into your world when the manor was destroyed. The lines between our worlds have always been blurred there anyway." He scratched the back of his neck, avoiding your gaze when you asked about the deal. "As for the deal, Mask offered me a way to cheat death in exchange for me providing him release from his prison. I stole more and more of his power over time before leaving him to fend for himself."

"Holy shit okay." Mask was awful and you wondered if this Mark was kind of a dick as well. He had made a deal with the devil essentially and you knew what he had done to Damien and the colonel. "So why are you intervening just now?"

"You're all losing this fight." He asserted. "He'll come for my reality next to get his revenge. He promised to destroy me and I just can't afford not to care anymore."

"I knew he was powerful, but not that powerful." All of this information was a lot to take in and made you even more doubtful that you could defeat Mask. How did you know whether or not you could trust this Mark anyway? "What do I do, Mark? How do I know I can trust you."

"I'm your only option." He stated simply. "Stall his machines and hide. I'll be there in an hour to take care of him. Good luck, (Y/N)."

~

The door creaking open was the thing that startled you awake. You weren't prepared at all for what you saw next, your eyes widening in horror. In the doorway stood Wilford with black eyes and horribly cracked, pale skin. The pink in his hair was completely black and his mustache was a pale pink.

"No, not you too." You put a hand over your mouth, wondering just who else Mask had gotten his hands on.

"Master requests your presence." Even his accent was gone, making him sound more like Mask. Fuck, Mark was right. You were all losing this fight.

Wilford grabbed your wrist and dragged you alongside him, his grip tight enough to be bruising. He led you out of Mask's office and through the main part of the warehouse, drawing closer to two metal doors up ahead. Stepping through them, you noticed that it appeared as if this portion of the warehouse was completely seperate to everything else. The white tiled floor, white walls, and fluorescent tube lights that flickered every so often reminded you of a hospital in a way.

The hallway was long and suffocatingly silent, yours and Wilford's footsteps being the only source of noise. Everything looked the same with no end in sight and you swore that you hadn't even moved at all. Wilford hadn't said a word this entire time, no matter how many questions you tried to ask. He would just stare at you with this empty look on his face, his eyes lingering on you even after you looked away. You stopped asking questions.

You weren't sure how long you had been traveling down that hallway, but when you finally saw a door at the end you were both relieved and terrified - relieved that you weren't actually stuck in a loop and terrified to find Mask on the other side. What you did see on the other side of the doors was definitely unexpected.

On the walls of the spacious room were huge glass containers with people suspended in liquid inside of them. Their mouths and noses were covered by masks with tubes that connected to the bottom of the containers. Each person wore only a white tank top and white sweatpants, but their clothes were the least of your concerns. Their skin was turning grey, aquiring an almost cracked look with the black veins showing through.

Wilford dragged you through the room, but you forced him to stop when you saw some familiar faces towards the end of the room. In the containers you saw all of your friends along with Mark and Abe. Your hope of rescue was completely crushed as your eyes landed on Amy. She looked just like the others.

"No." You mumbled quietly to yourself, noticing a blinking red light at the bottom of each tube. "Fuck."

You wanted nothing more than to cry at the moment, the feeling of failure and hopelessness weighing heavily on your heart. As much as you needed a good cry, you didn't have the time for it. You had to shut down these machines apparently and then just wait for Mark to get here. It shouldn't be that hard to fuck up.

Wilford dragged you into a seperate room with nothing more than a huge flat screen on the wall, a control board and a leather chair seated in front of it. On the screen was a map of the world with blinking red dots all over the place and they were multiplying fast. They looked kind of like... your eyes widened as you realized what they had to be.

"Oh no."