Chapter Forty-Four

Börja om från början

"Violet!" I heard Tyler's voice call me out from behind. "Wait up!"

I turned around to greet him, but it was too late. He was already beside me. "Tyler. Hi!" I said, as enthusiastically as I can.

Tyler frowned. "You know, your face looks like this." He said.

My eyebrows crossed. "They do not!" I defended.

"Well, you look cuter, but you know. You seem pretty bummed." He replied. "Is there something wrong?" He asked.

I looked away. "How'd you say that?"

"Because if you weren't, you wouldn't have turned away when I asked you." He said, surprisingly.

My head turned back to him. "Really? Well, I didn't. Something just caught my eye."

"Nice excuse, but I know something's up. You just haven't told me." He replied, leaning over to the art materials and picking a bunch of paint buckets up.

What does he mean by he knows something is up? Something IS up!

Could it be that he knows my situation? But how? I don't think so.

No, he couldn't have known. If he did, where?

The fuck! Bitch.

Sorry.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I stopped him from picking up the paints.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm helping you with your mural." He said, removing my hands. "So, come on."

"You really don't have to, Tyler. I can do it myself."

"Violet, come on. I heard you and Mr. Franco talking about it awhile ago. He seems disappointed. You need all the help you can get. And by the looks of it, all the help is mashed up into one beautiful human I call, myself." He argued, feeling a bit proud of himself. "Plus, you have to drive to the venue and get these stuff there, which would probably take you about 3 hours to do so."

I took a deep sigh. I guess he's right. I need the help and I need to budget my time if I want to finish the mural. "Fine." I agreed.

We started moving the supplies from the art room to the car. It took about 30 minutes to do so, including the canvass we will be building. I know, it's a mural, we need to build a huge canvass.

Tyler drove us to the venue which was at the beach and immediately, we saw the decorations committee setting up some.... you guessed it right.... decorations.

"They've been here since 3 am." Tyler said.

"3 am? Damn!" I replied. "My ass was still sleeping at that time."

"Yep, the class president is really a perfectionist, he wants everything to be in place. Plus, most of them are seniors so this is the time where they can really give out everything they can for an awesome party." Tyler explained. "Kristine is there too."

"Oh." I replied.

Today's the day Kristine's going to confess, I believe. I already forgot. It's like god hasn't been active so long that I forgot what happened in the past, or it could just be the effect of the pregnancy. You know how they say that a pregnant person's brain shrinks? That is what's happenning to me.

"Yeah, so let's get busy. You still have a lot of painting to do." He said.

We started setting up the canvass. Tyler went back to school to get the stuff we left behind, he got back as fast as he can so that he could start building the frame of the canvass we were going to make.