Chapter Forty-Three

My eyes twitched at Tyler. "Very well done, Tyler!" I said,  clapping my hands. "Is acting your new hobby?" I asked.

Tyler laughed. "I almost got ya, dammit!" He said, shaking his head in defeat.

"Yep. I heard you signed up for this musical the school is planning." I asked.

Tyler sighed. "Actually, no. I didn't sign up." He said. "I was forced to sign up. If it weren't for my grades, I wouldn't want to be in it."

"Why? Are you failing?" I asked, curiously.

Tyler chuckles. "Good one!" He said. "But yeah. Only in one subject though---- World Literature." He said, rolling his eyes.

I shook my head. "What? I thought you were the literary guy. You know, the "I-write-poetry-to-please-my-sexual-needs" type."

His eyebrows crossed. "The what?" He said, half-laughing. Is that even a word? "I write songs, which are basically poems, but I dislike reading stories."

I brought my hand to my chest as if I was offended. "How dare you?" I said. "Stories  are great! It's like an entry to a new world where you can immerse in the adventures of a character."

He smiled. "Stories are lies which make you believe that there are happy endings. They are sugar-coated traps that you allow yourself to be in. You start to think that their magic will work in life but you're just being fooled, they don't." He said.

I stared at him in the eyes. "Atleast you believed." I said.

He stopped and stared  back at me for awhile as if he had something more to say but he shook his head and smiled. "Whatever." He said. "None of the fairytales will ever happen in real life. Take for example, Cinderella. You'd think that they'd end up together, but instead they get a divorce and leave their two kids confused as to which side of the story they should believe in." He said. But I know that he is not referring to the infamous Disney classic. He took a deep sigh. "I don't even know if my parents will make it til the holidays. I'm pretty sure they want to be separated as soon as possible."

"I'm sure it'll be okay, Tyler. They are just going through a rough time." I said, as if I had the knowldege about relationships.

Tyler shifted his position and straightened up. "They've been like that for two years now. I'm pretty sure they are finally going down hill." He said.

I took a deep breath. "I'm sorry." I said.

Tyler laughed. "What for? It's not your fault."

I shrugged, not really wanting to answer.

Come to think of it, I'm so lucky for my parents for not resulting to divorce or separation. Yeah, they had ups and downs but everytime they were down, they brought each other up. It's funny because you probably think that I'm just putting all these flowers and praising my parents so much but it's true. I couldn't lie when it comes to them.

Tyler stood up and went to the counter to get a glass of water. "So, what about you? What happened with you and your boyfriend." He asked, leaning on the counter.

"You know... the classic it's not you, it's me scenario. And after that I got hospitalized." I said.

Tyler bursted. "What? Why?" He asked frantically.

I shrugged. "From having a broken heart?" I said, sighing.

Or just the fact that I am pregnant and I was stressed and almost lost the baby. Which would've been better because I don't want the baby to grow up without a father.

But what would life be like if Axel knew? Will he be happy? Will he accept me? Or will he run the way he did and leave?

"I knew I should've kicked his ass!" Tyler exclaimed, bringing in his fist. "First he goes ballistic over some stuff and now he leaves you? What kind of man has that much audacity?"