(40) What Are You Trying To Hide?

Requested by: Alyssajj11

○○○

Being quiet had its perks.

It gave you the ability to listen to people better. Plus, the comforting silence that you gave off to others whilst they talked was something that they appreciated about you.

You talk, yes, but only to certain people.

Your family, Hiro and the gang.

You were shy, so you didn't like to talk much - unless it was them.

Talking to Hiro made you have this warm fuzzy feeling in your stomach and you weren't complaining. It was actually nice. You already knew that you had a crush on the dorky prodigy ㅡ I mean, who wouldn't?

Anyways, as you walked around the halls, you clutched the small brown sketch book in your arms. It wasn't yours, it was full of blueprints for Hiro's project.

If you're wondering, no, you don't go to school here. You were an ordinary middle schooler in San Fransokyo.

Peeking from the door, you saw your best friend staring at his computer, fast on his keyboard.

"Hiro?" You call in quietly, entering the room.

Hiro jumped in surprise and looked up at you. "(Y/n)?"

You smiled at him and lightly ruffle his hair.

"Here's your sketchbook. I can't believe that you left it at the Café." You giggle, putting the said thing next to his computer.

You sit down on a separate chair and stare at him with a smile. Hiro turns to you and yawns, stretching.

"Hey, (Y/n), do you have free time right now?" Hiro questioned, opening his one eye at you. He opens the other one and patiently waits for your answer.

Your smile got wider and you open your mouth to answer.

"Ye -" You stop, quickly taking your phone out. The sudden vibration made your nerves all jumpy.

Skimming over the text, your eyes widen in surprise as you abruptly stand up from your seat.

"A-Actually, I need to go. My mum needs me at home right now." You nervously stutter, fiddling with your top.

"Oh." Hiro frowns, but quickly replaces it with a reassuring smile. "Okay then. Maybe next time?" He suggests, a small hopeful look on his face.

"Of course." You smile, patting his hair before going out of his lab.

But there was no next time.

Hiro sighs, his expression sour.

He was laying on his bed like a star fish, his arms and feet sprawled around. It had been the 10th time you skipped/ excused yourself from your hang out and Hiro may not show it, but he was disappointed every time you pulled an excuse.

He began to think that you were drifting away from him - that you didn't want to be his best friend anymore.

"No." Hiro mumbled as he closed his eyes, his frown going deeper at his thoughts. "(Y/n) wouldn't do that. She isn't like that." He reassures himself.

"She wouldn't do that--"

"She wouldn't do WHAT exactly?"

Hiro sat up, startled at the new voice that cut off his thoughts.
He looked at the person leaning on the door frame and noticed it was only his big brother - Tadashi Hamada.