Polish and Painting

Start from the beginning

Kane : Have they started the interview yet?

Allison : Hi. They're doing an interview with Hope. I'm next.

Kane : Good luck. I know you can do it.

Allison : Of course I can do it but can I succeed?

Kane : I got you. You'll win for sure Allison. You should know that by now.

Allison : Yeah... I just can't believe this. How far I've come.

Kane : Neither could I. You taught me love, Allison. I'll be forever in debt with you for that.

Allison : And I'll be forever in debt with you for loving me as much as I love you.

" Allison, you're up! "

Oh, I better go! I had no time to tell Kane, so I sent him a voice message saying that I'm going to the interview. I placed my phone in my pocket as I got into the living room. Hope was heading to the kitchen and smiled at me. I smiled back.

I took my seat across Mr and Mrs Hamilton. This is it. I'm ready. I'm ready to win the competition and be married. I'm ready to finally live a happy life.

" Miss Allison Brooke. Shall we start the interview? "

" We shall. "

" Alright. Let's start with an easy question. Why did you participate in The Wife Hunter? "

Because I want money. I want your money. I didn't say that though.

" I have always admired Kane Hamilton from the news and magazines that write about him. A guy who is determined to reach the top, a man who is everything a human should be. Nice, caring, hardworking... "

" Next question, which competitor do you like the most? "

" Theresa Williams. She's a wonderful friend. "

" Ah, Miss Williams. She left at episode 1 right? "

" Yes. "

My mind drifted to the time before Theresa left the competition. Her words were craved into my memory.

*Flashback begins*

" Don't you see? Kane has something for you. He is closer to you than any other contestant here. "

" But... "

" He has talked to you before, laugh with you before and held hands with you. What part of him doesn't say 'I love Allison' ?!"

*Flashback ends*

" Miss Allison, we're moving on to the next question. Which contestant do you think is the hardest to compete with? "

" At first, I thought Anna, Clara and Hope were strong competitors... "

" Look at them. One dead, one eliminated and one still competing. "

" ...Yes. Quite unfortunate, but congrats to Anna for bearing the tension of the competition. Congratulations to Clara for being strong where others are weak. Raise your glass to Hope for coming this far. "

I heard cheers around me and smiled. I have got their hearts, but I'm not done yet. Not until I've won the competition.

" Last question, Miss Brooke. What are your feelings for Kane now? "

Now how do you expect me to answer this? Again, I wanted to tell them that I love their son. I can't possibly say that, so I'm answering them the same way I answered Hope.

"...I...I actually have a crush on Kane. Since I joined The Wife Hunter, I got to know him better... better than what media could say about him. He's a nice, caring... I've told you before. The guy that every men wants to be. Not for his riches but for his flawless attitude. "

I heard a sarcastic cough from Mrs Hamilton. Come on lady, be confident with your son. Or is she not buying my story? Well, only she could tell.

Mr Hamilton called Hope to join us in the living room. She took a seat next to me, her face looking serious. Well, this is a game isn't it?

" Alright final two. Tomorrow, the winner of The Wife Hunter will be announced. It will be announced at The Empire State Building at 8pm New York standard time. "

" But Mr Hamilton, we haven't had a challenge. How will you choose a winner? "

" I was about to get to that. Today's interview is the final challenge. I didn't tell you two that since I wanted to see your honest answers to the questions. "

Not all the answers I gave were true Mr Hamilton, I wanted to say. That would just make things bad for me right?

" Alright contestants. We will see you tomorrow. We'll see who's going to be the lucky prey for the Wife Hunter. "

They left the living room, so did the production crew. Once I was sure everyone was out, I jumped into the sofa, dangling my feet over the edge.

Hope looked at me, amused. She went up the stairs and came back with different colour nail polish. I almost forgot that she is a nail designer.

" Let's do our nails tonight. You know, if you want to..."

" Sure! What design are you in for? "

" I'm digging a pink and white design! It's the season for sakuras to bloom and I really love them. "

" Nice. I'm going for a purple and black colour theme. "

We've picked our designs and I'm telling you, I'm in love with my nails.

That night, we had more than just polish and painting

That night, we had more than just polish and painting. We had laughter. We had smiles. We had a good time.

Somethings we may not experience tomorrow.

A/N: Nice day, isn't it?

Ah, Valentine's. The day eeveryone celebrates love. Unless you're single then I'm sorry. I'm single as well.

I've written so many drafts that I keep on forgetting to publish them. I will publish the next chapter soon.

Yeah, the chapter all of you have been waiting for.

Bye.

☆Happy☆ ♡Valentine's♡ ☆Day☆

💖Vaethenee