Polish and Painting

Allison's POV :

Ah finally! The comforts of the couch! I really want some sleep, especially after all this drama. In two days, we've lost three contestants.

When they said the challenge was postponed, I don't know why I felt dissapointment. I'm supposed to feel happy that I'm still competing. But I guess I just want things to be over.

If I win, I want to saviour the victory slowly and happily. If I lose though, I want to move on fast. I don't want to mourn over something for so long. What about my normal life?

The life where I'm poor? Where I must take care of my brother? Where I must juggle work and school? Looking back, I really do see the changes in me since I entered The Wife Hunter.

I'm used to riches. I've lived days where I have to do nothing. I've found love when I was trying to avoid it.

Kane is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I really love him but I'm afraid to expose our relationship. What if we win and suddenly we're so close? I'm sure everyone will notice that.

That's if I win.

According to the rules and regulations, Kane is the person who will determine the winner. Of course, it's his wife. I feel like a fish in a market, waiting to be bought.

" Hey Allison... "

Hope entered the living room with two bowls of ice cream. She handed one to me and sat on the sofa across me. When I look at her, I felt so jealous. Her short blond hair was combed perfectly. She had a slim yet curvy figure. She had this cute little girl attitude. Anyone would want to date her.

" Thanks for the ice cream. "

" It's okay. Hey, I just wanted to say, no matter who wins, I really hope we can remain friends. "

" Of course. This may be a competition, but I've met some wonderful friends here... "

"...And made some pathetic enemies. I heard what Anna said to you. "

" We've never went along even though we've studied together for six years. "

" I don't like her too. Who knew she would cheat on Kane? It was like Tony was a backup plan. "

" Playing with emotions like that. I know Tony is supposed to be Kane's competitor, but I felt bad for him. He thought he had found true love. "

" Hmm... Allison, do you really love Kane? "

She asked, eyeing me curiously. Well, what should I say? I can't say I love him so much, that will bring up suspicion. Saying that I hate him isn't an option as well. If I hate him I can't possibly compete to be his wife.

" Well?... "

" I do have a crush on Kane. I mean like, who wouldn't. I don't mind if he's rich or poor. Handsome or ugly. I just like him for... Him. You know? "

" Yep. "

Suddenly, the doors of the mansion suddenly opened. Mr and Mrs Hamilton came in with cameramen behind them. They came right at us, immediately barking out orders.

" Girls, we're doing a 'Get To Know Our Finalist' episode. Therefore, we'll be doing a short interview for each of you. We'll start with Hope. Allison, wait at the kitchen. We'll call you once we're done with Hope. "

I nodded at Mr Hamilton. My feet brought me to the kitchen. I went to the fridge and filled up my bowl with more ice cream then sat down to enjoy it.

My phone buzzed, signalling that someone was messaging me. Obviously it was Kane. I looked at his messages before texting back.

Kane : Hey