Dad's Girlfriend's Son-Boyfriend? (14)

Start from the beginning

"Well, it looks like you have everything planned out. But Kelley you know that things don't always go as planned."

"I know that too. Everything just went down hill when we broke up." Well, that was embarrassing. I couldn't look at him; I stared at my food.

"What do you mean by that?"

"It's just I...when we were together everything was like perfect. But when we weren't the incident happened and the drama at school and my dad plus..."

"What incident? Why didn't I know about this? Did someone hurt you?"

"I found out that I was pregnant." I practically whispered. I heard the sound of him dropping his fork on his plate. I finally looked up; David was frantically looking

between my stomach and my face. "I lost it a few days after I found out."

"Wha...why didn't you tell me?"

"What would you have wanted me to do? Call you up and say 'Hey I'm sorry to say but I lost your unborn child.' You know what that would have done to you?!

You would have dropped everything and came up to Brown!"

"And that's such a bad thing?"

"Yes, because I was in my depression for seven months! SEVEN MONTHS, David! I did practically nothing for seven months but schoolwork. I was like a

zombie. Then one day I just couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't take the feeling of numbness. So, I went to that party to try to make myself to forget. I got drunk,

met a guy and I couldn't do it. I got...we got so close to doing it and I couldn't because all I could think about is you. Whoever I saw I always saw you. Whenever

I would close my eyes I would see you but now matter how hard I tried it wasn't you. And if you would have came there I would have just pushed you away

because I wouldn't have wanted to see the look of pity or sadness on your face for me. I just couldn't take it like I can't take it now. David, I think you should

leave. Now." He stands up from his chair. There goes trying to have a nice dinner. I just had to say something didn't I.

"Tell me why it would have been a bad thing for me to be there for you?"

I take a deep breath. "Because I would have hoped. Hoped for something that wouldn't happen. I would've started hoping that we would get back together. Then

once you left I would have just slipped back into my depression." I get out of my chair. "Marcus got me to go to therapy a week after we met. He knew something was wrong but didn't care if I told him or not. That's probably why his is my best friend. It's done and over with, it's in the past. You're going to go back home with your son and never see me again. I shouldn't have said anything." I walked away from the table. "Good-bye David."

"I would've left but I'd call you every night, I'd come up on weekends, I would make sure you were all right. I should have been there for you." He said in a stern

voice.

I turned to him. "What about basketball, David? You had games. It was better this way so I wouldn't have gotten disappointed when you couldn't be there

because I had feelings for you feelings that haven't gone away." Oh shit, I just said that didn't I?

"What?" I guess I did say that.

"Nothing, it was over three years ago. I've gotten better. I've dealt with it. Now leave, David. Let me start forgetting this day ever happened."

"Well, I'm not going to forget this. I should have been able to be with you to morn the death of my child."

"Now, stop right there. I do not regret my decision of not telling you. You were suppose to move on with your life. If I told you do you think you would have your own business right now? Do you even think you would have stayed in school?" He knows I'm right.

"You're right. I'm sorry for you having to go through that on your own." He walks up to me and wraps his arms around me.

"It was for the best." I say with his arms still around me.

"But not for you. You shouldn't thought about me. You should have thought about yourself because that's who is most important." He let's me go.

"Can we just stop talking about this please?" He thinks about it.

"For now."

"Oh god." I sigh. He laughs. I look at him weirdly. "Why are you laughing?"

"Because you haven't changed a bit."

****

I AM SO SORRY THIS HAS TAKEN ME SO LONG TO UPDATE. I HAD TROUBLE WRITING THIS BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW IF I'M GOING TO STICK WITH THIS CHAPTER. LET ME KNOW IF YOU LIKE THE WAY THIS STORY IS GOING OR IF YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER. OR DO YOU THINK I SHOULD REWRITE IT?

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!!!