Dad's Girlfriend's Son-Boyfriend? (14)

Chapter 12

Kelley's POV:

I can't believe this is happening. I still have feelings for David. It's like he never left, these feelings are as strong as ever. And I am totally screwed. Do you think

David still has the same feelings as I do?

"Kelley, are you okay?" His voice brings me out my thoughts.

"Why do you say that?"

"It just you're thinking about something really hard." He says putting his thumb up to my forehead to get rid of the crease.

"It's nothing." I give that look that says please don't ask.

"Okay, if you say so." He removes his hand. "Can we eat now?"

"Yes, we can."

He gets a fork full of lasagna and says, "Tell me about Marcus." Then puts the food in his mouth.

"Well, there is the stuff you all ready know. He has a nineteen-year-old sister, Cassie. Marcus works at the auto body shop in town while he's in law school. He's

really protective of me. Oh my god, there was this one time Marcus beat the crap about this guy because he was hitting on me. It was so funny. We were at this party and this guy would not go away. Marcus told him to leave and the guy got cocky and he started a fight right then and there."

"Well, that's good you have someone to look after you."

"Yeah, it's nice." I smiled then it quickly disappeared as I started thinking.

"Kelley, what's wrong?" he said with concern.

"David, when are you leaving?"

He clears his throat and shifts uncomfortably, "In two days. Jake, he runs the shop with me. So, he was able to look after it while I visit." I stuff food in my mouth

so he won't hear the disappointment in my voice.

I swallow, "How is Jake doing?"

"Really well. He's getting married actually."

"Wow. To who?"

"You remember Jessica Lindly?"

"The valedictorian?"

"Yes, her."

"But I thought he made fun of her all out through high school?"

"Oh he did but they went to the same college. Turns out their hate for each other was sexual tension."

"I glad he's happy."

"Are you?" I give him a weird look. "Are you happy?"

"I would say so."

"You're lying to me, Kelley."

"It's just that things aren't going as planned."

"What do you mean?"

"I just figured that I would be married or engaged by now."

"God Kelley, you're only 22 years old."

"I know but I wanted to have a baby when I'm at least 25 and if I got married now it would give us enough time to be settled and be financially ready."

"Your life is only just starting."

"Yes, I know that but I have already done most of the things that I wanted to do. Plus, I don't want to be in my fifties when my children turn eighteen."