Dad's Girlfriend's Son-Boyfriend? (12)

Sorry it took me waaaaay too long to update!

Enjoy!.....

Narrator:

Five years later.

David and Kelley's parents didn't get married. Kelley and David were together out through high school. They tried a long distance relationship, that didn't work. They grew away from each other and broke up the first semester of college. They went their separate ways.

Kelley graduated at the head of her class and got an academic scholarship to Brown. Of course she got accepted to Brown. She got her PhD in the History of Art, Architectural Studies. When she graduated she started working at National Museum of Art Illustration in Rhode Island. Kelley has a permanent residence there.

David graduated with a basketball scholarship. He went to Duke University, he got is Master's in Business. Stopped playing basketball after his freshman year. After he graduated he opened a business in Durham, NC.

Kelley's POV:

I got up, went to work. I go through my usual routine. Everyday it's the same; ever since I moved here nothing really change through my day. I work as a tour guide at the museum. There is a group of people waiting for a tour, "Hello, everyone. My name is Kelley Baker and I will be your tour guide for today. If you have any questions please wait until after I get done talking about the painting to ask. Thank you and now please follow me."

When I was finished with that tour I walked around the museum. I had a half an hour before the next tour. I was looking at a painting of a girl sitting on the side a hill in a meadow. I like looking at this; it makes me wonder what's she looking at?

"So, what is this painting called?" I know that voice.

"Girl and Daisies. It was painted by Winslow Homer in 1878."

"Acrylic?"

"No, oil." I turn and look at him. David. I grin. "Well, long time no see."

"That is true." I see a little boy about three holding David's hand. I get down to his eye level.

"Who is this cute little angel?" He gets farther behind David's leg.

"I can no talk to you." Awww, that's so cute.

"And why is that?"

"You stranger." I look up at David.

"Son, it's all right. Go ahead tell her your name." Wait. Wait. Wait, what? Son? Wow. I try to mask my surprise expression.

"Maximum Jerry McKay." The little boy says proudly.

"Hello, there, I'm Kelley Baker." I hold my hand out to him. I shake his tiny hand. "You are so cute. You know that?"

"So are you." He says shyly.

"You're a charmer. Just like your father." I look at my watch. I stand up. "Crap, I'm sorry but I have to get back to work."

"You work here?"

"Yes, I'm a guide. You guys want a tour?"

"No, we can't we have to get back to my mom's. Maybe tomorrow."

"You're mom lives here? Wow...Okay, tomorrow. But can I get your number? I can call you after I get off work and we can catch up?"

"Yeah, sure." He programs his number into my phone.

David's POV:

Wow, Kelley looks as hot as she did in high school. I can't believe it has been almost three years since I've last saw her. I'm even surprise to see her in the U.S. she always wanted to explore Europe. I was dumbfounded when I saw her, God, how I missed her.

The reason why Max and I was in Rhode Island because it's my mom's birthday. Max is an art fanatic. At three he is already a genius.

My freshman year in college right after Kelley and I broke up I started sleeping around trying to replace her. I couldn't find anyone. His mother's name is Tina Shoemaker. I met her after a basketball game she was a one-night stand. I didn't know she was pregnant until she was eight months pregnant and Max was born a week after that. I really didn't have the time to prepare for a child but I had to. Tina skipped out on Max a few weeks later she said she wasn't ready to raise a child. LIKE I WAS! Once I looked at those tiny hands of his wrap around my finger I was hooked.

I moved off campus and had to quit the basketball team. I couldn't raise a child and play at the same time. Max is more important.

"Mom, you couldn't guess who I saw, today?" I say as we are walking into her house.

"Who honey?"

"Kelley Baker."

"Rick's daughter?"

"Yes."

"What is she doing in Rhode Island?"

"She works at the National Museum of Art Illustrations."

"Uh."

My mom got married last year. She is now Mrs. Lidia McCarthy. Her husband, Danny has two girls. Ironic isn't it?

An hour later....my phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey David, this is Kelley. Well, my shift is over so, I was thinking if you can come over to my house. If I'm not interrupting anything."

"No, you're not. I'm just put Max to bed. Give me your address." I write it down. "I'm on my way."

****** 

Hope you all loved it!