ONE

Angelina

I should have known something was up, I can't believe I didn't see it coming. I was just a servant and nothing more, but I did notice he treated me differently from the rest, somewhat.. Friendly, almost like he respected me. I'm not going to deny that I haven't been suspicous about it, it was so obvious they would think I was with him.
I wasn't like the other ladys, I respected my body, and my thoughts were very important to me unlike them. It was almost like they weren't human at all, just went along with everything and didn't care that everyone thought their thoughts were worthless. Their world revolved around sex and men, everyone knows the king has his 'Needs' and they were there to take care of it, it wasn't exacty the rules but no one was there to stop them. I refused to throw myself out there for him, sex should mean something when it happens. And I made sure he knew about how I felt about my thoughts and opinions, like I said their important to me. Maybe he thought that was interesting? Maybe he liked how I didn't let others tell me who I'm going to be? I don't know.

All I know is that I'm on this planet, starving, dying of thirst, and have a few broken ribs. I can barely move from the stinging pain I get in my chest, and the whole damn planet wants a piece of me. I tried to stand up again grabbing onto the rock behind me, I was starting to get dizzy from dehydration. If I don't figure something out soon I'm going to die, very soon. I limped across the desert, this probably isn't the brightest idea since I know almost nothing about this planet, but I have to. I walked possibly 4 miles at average, I dropped to the ground holding my gutt, it hurts so much.

"Ahhh" I let out a wimper, I lifted up my shirt to check out the bruise and the swelling from my broken ribs, my breathings getting harder and harder by the minute. I looked up unable to focus on anything, I saw something... Almost certain I'm seeing a cave? Oh I hope I'm right, I stood up once again. Pushing myself way past my limit, fighting the pain to get to whatever it is. I got a few feet but dropped down onto my knees, and curled into a ball on the dirt. I looked up watching the dust fly through the wind, and small dirt rocks bounce across the ground. I closed my eyes hoping all this pain will be over soon.