the end

Fifteen years later.

EXTREME WEATHER ALERT: IF YOU ARE LIVING ANYWHERE NEAR GUELPH OR KITCHENER EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY.

WILD FIRE IS SPREADING GUELPH EXTREMELY QUICKLY, AND YOU SHOULD EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY.

MORE INFO ABOUT THE FIRE WILL BE POSTED SOON.

Jack shoved most of his clothes in a worn out suitcase he had just pulled out of the dusty closet. His apartment had requested to evacuate immediately as wild fire was about to catch flame on the city of Guelph.

Jack was breathing heavily as he shoved the clothes as far as he could into the suitcase, running into the washroom and grabbing every last piece of shampoo and toothpaste. He grabbed his phone and portable charger quickly, shoving it into the suitcase as well.

He zipped up the suitcase hurriedly and grabbed the key to his apartment, and ran out. He saw other panicking families and frowned, thankfully he was living alone.

He had no place to go. He ran down the stairs and out the front door and quickly stopped to grab his phone.

He swiped down the contact list, his parents had passed away five years ago so that wasn't a choice, he literally had no one.

He continued scrolling down before his fingers rested upon, 'Zach.'

He hadn't talked to Zach in years, he thought, should I?

He was in a life or death situation. He could smell the smoke from where he was standing, and the skies were a dark grey color.

He pressed the call button.

"Hello?"

And that's how Jack is stood, fifteen years later, at Zach's doorstep, shaking with fear as he knocks violently, waiting for Zach to answer.

FINISHED: I SEE THE CONSTELLATIONS (IN HIS EYES)

this book is part 1 out of 2, so be sure to check out the second book! there was a lot of foreshadowing in this so i hope this ending doesn't come as a surprise to anyone.

all the love, marisa