five

Zach

hey did you ask your mom if you could come over tomorrow?

Me

Yes! She said I'm allowed to come over if it's okay with your parents. Is 5:00 okay?

Zach

thats great!

Me

:)

Zach

:)

I've thought about this, but if I said I felt like a kid talking to his crush would that be hypocritical? I barely even know what hypocritical means, but I feel like that word would describe my feeling correctly.

Honestly, I don't even know what's happening with Zach. I think I have a crush on him. Gay, is it? I think that's what I am.

But I'm only eleven, and this is so advanced for me. Okay, maybe I am advanced for my age, but seriously!

I wanted to continue texting him, but I don't know what we would talk about.

What if I bored him?

Whatever, it doesn't matter.

~

Here I was, standing on Zach's porch with my mom to my right, knocking on his door. I'm dressed in black colored jeans and a red hoodie, and honestly it doesn't look that bad. But of course I'm covered with a thick jacket and fluffy gloves.

The door opened and a woman, looking very much like Zach, stood in front of them. Her smile was soft, "Hello, I'm Zach's mother, you must be Jack."

I looked up at her and smiled, "Hi."

"And you must be Jack's mother?"

My mother smiled, "Yes, call me Kristin."

"Myta." They shook hands, "Come in, Zach is just in his room, he'll be down any moment. Care for a coffee, Kristin?"

"If it isn't a pain."

I smiled and we took off our jackets. My mother and Zach's mom were getting along perfectly, and that made me happy. It also meant a higher chance of having more play dates.

Suddenly, Zach came down the stairs while sprinting, "Mom? There is like one wipe left, I think you'll need to buy more. My m-" "Hunny, Jack is here." she interrupted.

Zach's eyes grew wide as he looked at me, his lips stained a red and cheeks a blush. He instantly covered his face and started walking up the stairs awkwardly, "Sorry," he told in a muffled voice, "I'll be back."

I was confused, but ignored it. Did he bust his lip?

I just turned my focus on the house around me. It smelled of cinnamon, and I've never thought the smell of cinnamon would complement a house nicely, but in this situation in really does. His house was floored with a dark wood, walls colored a light grey, and overall a nice house.

Zach walked down the stairs again, but not in a sprinting matter. He was wearing a pink floral shirt and black jeans like mine. He looked stunning.

"Hey." I told.

He just smiled warmly, "Hello."

"Hey Zach, I'm Jack's mother, Kristin."

"Hello, I'm Zach. Like you said."

I snorted at him, before he rolled his eyes, "Jack, wanna come upstairs?"

"Yeah, see you later mom!" I called out before following Zach up the stairs.

His room was super pretty. The walls were painted a light blue, and his furniture was a made out of oak wood. He had a large fish tank sat atop of his dresser, and had three different colored fish swimming happily in the tank. He had a double bed with nice blue sheets that matched the walls perfectly. A desk with a Dell laptop sat in the corner of his room with a comfy looking chair colored a peach.

"I like your room." I told him.

"Thanks." he said softly. My eyes wondered the room before they landed on a bright red lipstick tube laying on his nightstand.

Oh. My realization hit me. Why'd he take it off?

I wouldn't question it. It seemed like a touchy subject.

His walls were scattered of posters of space, stars, and surprisingly the constellations, and as I took a closer look of the fish tank I noticed the fish tank was space themed as well.

"What are their names?" I asked while walking closer to the tank.

Zach soon followed beside me, "The black one is named Luna, red is Mars, and blue is Saturn."

"That's cute." I thought aloud. Zach mildly blushed, "Thanks."

"Is our constellation on one of these posters?" I asked. Zach nodded and pointed to one on my right, "There's the Draco."

"You ready to start the project over again?"

"Yup."

~~~~~~~

zach in lipstick: a concept.

fetus zach in lipstick: death.