two

"Constellations, any one want to guess what that means? Zachary?"

"Constellations are a group of stars in the sky that form a picture." told Zachary.

"Great, I have a video I'm about to show you that talks all about the constellations in the sky. Make sure to pay attention as we will be crafting a project about a constellation of choice!"

The class groaned in response, well, everyone except Daniel and Corbyn.

Zachary's eyes grew wide as the word, "project" flew out of her mouth. That meant he would have to be in a group, with people, he didn't even know anyone fully except for Jack!

Zachary nudged Jack in the shoulder and Jack looked over with a confused expression, "Yeah?"

"If there is partners, would you be mine? I'm like -- the worst, at socializing."

"Same! It's perfect then."

Zachary smiled, "Yes it is. Also, you don't have to call me 'Zachary,' you can call me Zach. Zachary honestly just annoys me."

"Okay, Zach."

They both smiled contently before watching the video that was playing on a computer screen.

"If some of you are fans of Harry Potter, than this constellation is for you. It's named after his enemy! Here's the Draco constellation."

Zach gasped and whispered, "We're so doing that one."

Jack just nodded and continued watching.

The video ended, and Mrs. Rouge walked in front of the screen while a pile of papers in hand, "In these papers are what the project requirements are. Basically you will be, in groups of two, picking a constellation, it doesn't have to be from this video, and making a project of it. What its name is, what it means, its origin, what it looks like, and why you chose the constellation."

She started handing out the papers.

Jack was actually nervous to do the project with Zach. He looked across the class to see Corbyn already chatting with Christina, probably asking if she wanted to be his parter.

It was kind of like his "situation" with Zach.

"So, are we doing the Draco constellation?" asked Zach curiously.

"If you want to."

Zach smiled, "Thank you," and started reading the requirements.

"You may now choose your partner, and one constellation. Come to me when you've finished both steps." told Mrs. Rouge.

"Let's go." told Jack. Jack and Zach got up from their seats and walked over to Mrs. Rouge, "Um, me and Jack are doing the, um, Draco constellation."

Mrs. Rouge smiled at Jack, and gave him a thumbs up while looking back to Zach, "Okay, thank you Zachary."

Zach looked between the two, before jumping to a conclusion. He frowned.

They both sat back at their desks and grabbed a Chromebook from the cart.

Zach didn't say much. He just muttered, "Sure's" or "Okay's" when Jack talked.

They got as much information as they could from the twenty minutes they had, and put their chrome books back in the cart.

The lunch bell rung and Jack was finally noticing Zach's lack of words.

They ate in an awkward silence, before Zach talked in a small voice, "Are you only trying to be friends with me because Mrs. Rouge told you to?"