Chapter Twelve

Now a month later, Bridget was five months pregnant and has actually done a great job with attempting to raise her brother. Liam has been great as well in fact Durk is always happy to hang out with Liam. But now that Liam was back on tour, Bridget was home with Durk, the four dogs, and the cat. The new Pitbull's name was Phoebe and has fit in well with the other three. Liam and Bridget discussed that the whole Pitbull sanctuary would wait until she wasn't pregnant and the baby was older. 

Durk sat on the couch doing homework while Bridget talked to Liam on instant messaging on her laptop. They had been apart only a week or so but they never stop talking.

Daddy Payne: How's the kid doing?

Bridget Payno: He's doing a lot better. Getting good grades in school and is much happier. 

Daddy Payne: That's good. How's my kid doing?

Bridget smiled and blushed. 

Bridget Payno: He's doing fine. Starting to kick already which surprised the doctors. 

Daddy Payne: I'm going insane up here. I wanna feel you.

Bridget Payno: I know. I wanna feel you too but Dr. Willard advised me not to fly this far along.

Daddy Payne: Call me if anything happens.

Bridget Payno: I will. Love you.

Daddy Payno: Love you too. <3

Bridget sighed and closed her laptop. She hated being away from Liam for this long. They were married now so it was putting stress on her. They talked all the time but it wasn't as the same as having their arms around each other. 

"Bridget, can I talk to you?" Durk asked sitting on the other side of the island counter.

"Of course, what's going on?" Bridget replied pushing her laptop to the side. 

"Why is my life screwed up?"

"What do you mean?

"Mum and dad just gave me up."

"They gave you up because they aren't good parents. They never should've had kids, Durk. I know how you feel. They did the same to me but know that you're safe here and you have a family." Durk nodded. "Why don't we go to bed for the night. You've got school in the morning." Durk nodded again and walked off to his room.

-----------------------

Later on that night, Bridget woke up with severe pain in her stomach. It was horrible and she knew something was wrong. She walked over to the door and felt the pain again.

"Durk, get up we need to go?" Bridget said banging on the door.

"What's wrong?" Durk asked coming out in his shorts and a t-shirt.

"We need to go to the hospital." Durk followed Bridget to the car. The pain was so bad Bridget sped to the hospital. When they arrived, the pain got worse.

"Can I help you?" the Secretary asked.

"I need to see Dr. Willard, my name is Bridget Payne, I'm 5 months pregnant and having some severe pain."

"Alright, we'll get you in." A nurse came in and took her to the room. Durk was sent to the waiting room where he was given things to keep him occupied. Dr. Willard came into the room where Bridget was at and the look on his face scared Bridget. 

"Don't worry, you didn't have a miscarriage, but we need to do an emergency C-Section," Dr. Willard spoke.

"Why, what's wrong?"