Chapter Two

It was the day of Liam's birthday. The boys were performing in Chicago and had the chance to relax in a fenced in compound before the show. Fans stood all around screaming and trying to get the boys' attention. Bridget joined Louis in a game of kicking the football back and forth across the compound. Bridget was incredibly good at football and had some good skills. She kicked the ball with her knee high in the air and then did a sort of jump-twist-turn and kicked the ball back to Louis.

"Where did that come from?" Louis asked as Bridget took a drink of her water bottle.

"I dunno." Bridget replied with a smile. "My grams always told me I should play football. I guess I just never had the time to do it."

"You really should. Find a girl's football team. Let's see what else you've got." Bridget nodded and the two got back to it. Every time Louis kicked the ball to Bridget, she kicked the ball back and the rest of the boys were impressed. Bridget tossed the ball in the air and did a front flip and kicked the ball back.

"Damn girl." Niall said putting his arm on Bridget's shoulder. "Why were you hiding that from us?"

"I wasn't hiding it from Liam. He's the only one who really knows. He kinda helped me perfect my football skills."

"I'm telling you." Louis said pointing at Bridget. "You need to find a girls' team."

"Should I?" Bridget asked Liam who came up beside Louis.

"You've got some skill." Liam replied with a smile. "You deserve to show it off." Bridget smiled and jumped on Liam. He caught her thighs and kissed her making the boys walk away and making the crowd go crazy.

"Show time boys." Paul yelled. Bridget kissed Liam one more time and Liam dropped her on her feet. She followed the boys backstage where Liam gave it her a quick kiss and walked on stage. One of the security guards led Bridget to the VIP section where she was able to see the boys. All the while the boys sung, Liam had a hug smile on his face and danced around. When Harry shouted into his microphone "Liam loves Bridget", Liam stopped singing his part and had to laugh and smile.

"Yes, yes I do." Liam said into the microphone and went back to his singing. Bridget couldn't stop laughing as the security guard helped her back stage. She waited for the boys to get done and when they came back stage, Bridget playfully punched Harry's arm.

"What did I do?" Harry asked rubbing his arm.

"You know what you did." Bridget replied and squealed when Liam came up behind her and picked her up.

"Oh. Now I know. Hey, I was just simply stating the truth." Harry, Louis, Niall, and Zayn all walked into the dressing room. Liam turned Bridget around. He pressed his lips to her forehead.

"What's that for?" Bridget asked.

"Can't I show my girlfriend some love? Besides, I need to do something that I've been scared to do for the longest time. I just never go the guts to do it." Bridget looked at Liam with a questioning look. Her eyes widened as he got down on one knee and pulled out a little black box. Her breath was taken from her. "Bridget, I don't see life without you. You are my life and if we hadn't been friends, I don't know what life would be. I've loved you since day one. Bridget Reed, would you do me the honor of marrying me and making me the happiest man on earth?" Bridget could see the small crowd gathered behind Liam, including the boys, Paul and Preston, and a guy with a camera. Then she looked back down at Liam.

"I can't get the right words out so all I can say is yes, Liam. I wouldn't have it any other way." Liam slipped the ring on Bridget's finger, stood up, cupped her face in his hands, and kissed her not caring about the people around them. The group could hear the crowd out in the arena screaming.