Chapter 9

I smiled abit confused at Izuku who was crying tears of happiness in front of me.

"So wait you didn't fail?", I asked. I was happy but I couldn't understand what Izuku was saying. His voice was fast and barely took a break through sentences.

"No!", he smiled and hugged me suddenly. I froze. Of all the time I spent with Izuku he never hugged me like this especially after he turned like 10 after that he'd get flustered easily.

"Izuku..", I said genuinely happy for him and hugged him back. I was so glad.

"E-El please", I suddenly heard and I felt Izuku shaking. I sighed, it was time. I pulled back from the now flustered Izuku.

I smiled, that's the boy I know.

That's why Almight said that. Straight after the practical exam he called me and told me to stay put and wait no matter how much I protested he shut me down.

Although it was unclear why but it didn't matter I guess. We were going to go together and that's all that mattered.

—————

I forced my self to swallow the bite I just took hoping by a miracle that it wasn't as audible but, Hero, my stepbrother glanced at me.

The dinner table was full and the whole family minus my stepdad sat on the table. It was an unusual situation to be honest. I usually just ate late at night to avoid the awkward air I bought along.

"What were your results?", my mum said, I barely caught it lost in my thoughts. I almost forgot why I even sat here.

I was going to tell her my results but mum held me down with a stare and said I had to tell her over dinner.

Hero just hummed. He was 11 at this point but even he knew how hard it was to get into U.A.

I looked nervously at her. I mean what would her reaction even be regardless of the outcome. I ate another broccoli piece willingly this time drinking water to pass it through.

I sighed when it finally went down finally meeting her eyes.

"I passed", i said a while after evaluating her narrowed eyes trying to gauge what she wanted to hear.

Hero started choking on asmall beef piece. I passed him the water which he gratefully gulped down.

" Really!?", he chocked out. I threw him a nonchalant glance, turning back to the person whose reaction I was more intrigued in.

She was staring at her food, a blank look on her face. A smile broke out and tear drop fell from her right eye. She still wasn't looking at me.

"Congratulations", it wasn't loud or excited like how Hero sounded but it held enough emotion to sink a ship. My heart swelled and so did my eyes with tears that I refused to let go of.

"I'll do it, just wait for me", I said croaking ever so slightly.

She lifted her head, finally making eye contact with me.

"Your my daughter so it shouldn't take long", she chuckled out.

"Alright, alright! Enough of that I need details", Hero interrupted and both me and Mum started laughing.

And for the first time after her remarriage I finally felt apart of the family.

—————

*Todoroki's POV*

"Sit down son", My father ordered.

"Why did you call me here", I said, refusing to sit down.

"It might take awhile to explain so shut the door behind you", he grunted. It seemed he wasn't in a good mood. I obediently shut the door, sitting on the mat opposite to him.

"In April you'll be starting at U.A. I want the best however there's a student I need you to be wary of", I scowled at that.

"Her names Ella Kagarashi, she's the niece of Uncapturable". The flames on my fathers skin expanded, hands clenched and eyes narrowed.

My own eyes widened. Uncapturable had a niece?

—————-

"So she's planning on becoming hero scum", a man grit his teeth clenching a photograph of a young girl in his left hand as his right held a phone to his ear. The words themselves were spat with venomous anger.

"I'm sure you know what to do", the voice on the other line said as the receiver hummed, " get her to join us by all means necessary".

The phone suddenly cut off and the man put it down, sprouting so much curses he'd do a sailor proud. He grabbed his light blue hair pulling at it.

"Damn it!".

———-
A/N:

I'm sorry for show casting Todoroki so late but you'll definitely be seeing a lot of him from now on.

Please leave a vote and let me know your thoughts☺️