christmas and chill?

All things considered, you think it's pretty bold of a man to assume you wanted to be waken up on Christmas with sex; just as bold of him to have an attitude at the discovery that you still aren't asleep at 4 in the morning. 

The Mac taking up most of the space on your work desk is the perfect place to watch movies and the only reason you haven't used the tv is because you actually wanted to be 'courteous' and let N'Jadaka sleep without hearing the noise. Sometimes you can't believe how nice you are. 

Having pressed play once he woke up and started complaining, you fail to hear him get up because you're too engrossed in The Wiz and how they could have possibly made Diana Ross look so busted when she's so beautiful. You always question why they cast her anyways, as the play still had Dorothy as a young girl even with the black recasting.

God, the songs are good, though.

The feeling of a presence near you scares the hell out of you and you jump, your headphones slipping backwards off your bonnet-covered head.

"What?!"

You look up to see N'Jadaka squinting from the light coming off of the screen and saying something about him wanting you to come to bed. He's shirtless and wearing basketball shorts that are hanging so low it's giving you some thoughts; especially with the fact that his waist is level with your face as you turn.

Rubbing his nose with one hand he uses the other to tap you on the side of the head. "Get off that bright ass computer."

"How about you go home," you say, turning back to the screen. Your favorite part is about to come on; He's The Wizard aka the scene that gave you nightmares as a child. You can still remember the way your parents laughed at you when you nearly had a fit watching the citizens peel themselves off of the graffiti wall. It still gives you the creeps.

"Aye-"

Reaching over, you unplug your headphones, hand brushing the silhouetted ultrasound picture of your little one (it'd fallen out of the envelope with the sex results and you nearly cried). 

The music is starting and you're looking up at N'Jadaka expectantly, exhausted and lacking the filter you'd have during normal waking hours because running on sleep is the only way you'd be pointing a manicured nail in his face with a shake in your shoulders. He just looks at you, blankly, as you open your mouth to halfway start laughing as you sing.

"You need to go to sleep," he starts. "All you do is stay u-"

Sweet thing, lemme tell you 'bout the world and the way things are-a.

"____."

You've come from a different place and I know you've traveled far-a

It's so funny how annoyed he's getting, the way he always does when you ignore him. He's so used to giving orders and having people be intimidated into doing them that it drives him nuts when you disobey, and you think that's partly the reason he's even standing in front of you right now. The difficult ones are always the best to pursue. 

You keep singing and he keeps acting like he can't stand you but you can see the corners of his mouth turning up as he continues to observe your sleepy behavior. 

He's The Wiz! He's the man, He's the only one who can give your wish right to ya-

"Forget it," he snaps, turning away with a chuckle. "Stay ya goofy ass up, I don't care. You can't sing neither."