bicth

Your first few days without him go about as smoothly as you hoped, in that they don't amount to anything but wishing he was in your apartment to save you from that late-night pining you've been doing since he first ruined you. He has you so fucked up it's not even funny.

You'd went home nearly immediately after he'd left, lazing around on his bed until you heard one too many noises for your liking. The first couple times was just King getting into shit he wasn't supposed to, but those next few had you locking up and running to your Uber. And what you took, you hope he won't miss if he happens to come back before 2 weeks is up, but you were already wearing it when you left.

Just like that, you'd stolen your first hoodie. It's black, with an image of Africa on the front and you assume it's one of his favorites based on how often he wears it and how deep the scent of his cologne has seeped into the fibers.

It's a little after noon when you finally look at the top of your phone, groaning because you've been up since 6. You'd taken a shower, deluded yourself into making your hair look nice before collapsing back into bed and staring at the tv. It hasn't been that long since you stopped working but you feel restless all the same.

There's shit to be done, though, and you know it but the idea of getting up and going to look at cars seems like so much effort you just get mad all over again at the loss of yours at N'Jadaka's hand. He'd shown you a photo, and your poor baby was so ruined the insurance company didn't give you any trouble for once. Nearly everything in your trunk ended up spread all over the street or crushed inside and he's just lucky you'd cleaned out your car recently or else you'd be in jail for attempted murder.

The idea of moving goes straight out of the window until your cell phone buzzes and interrupts your 100th listen of Thank u, Next.

You wish you could be thankful for your ex.

Kayla laughs at you when you tell her what you were doing, and you have to start laughing yourself once you look at the text that gets your phone vibrating against your ear.

> This nigga got a fuckin starbucks and shit over here

> I can't stand his ass

> What u doin

Even though it's only words you read it in his voice with all the disdain dripping off it at the fact that Wakanda's allowed the crushing fist of coffee capitalism into it's borders. He's such a geek but you only got a lecture when you called him one once. That, and it's hilarious how he pretends he doesn't miss you when you're gone.

> I'm just laying here. At least all the baristas will be black lol...drink a caramel macchiato for me 😉

"I'm sorry," you finally say, wiping a tear from your eye. "What'd you say?"

Kayla repeats herself, but you miss it again on account of the harsh knocking on your apartment door. King starts to bark, jolted out of his puppy nap, and you peel yourself out of bed to go answer it with nothing on but a hoodie and underwear on.

"Open the door!" Kayla shouts, her voice echoing through the speaker as you let her in. Only she does things like calling when she's outside your door.

She immediately juts her lip out and forces your head to her chest, patting you on the back like this is an episode of Iyanla Fix My Life and you have to knee her away from you with a smile.

"Jesus," she goes, staring at you in the light coming from your patio doors. "You look...."

"Thank you," you mumble flippantly, locking the door. "Don't worry, I know what foundation is, sis."