8. Jealous Fools and Memory Strokes

Amazing banners at the side by @april-love22 <3

Chapter 8

Jealous Fools and Memory Strokes

The next day, Annabelle strolled into her office, confidence surrounding her aura. She was feeling quite nervous to see Edward after what happened the previous night. All morning while getting ready, she was replaying the scene over and over again in her head. The almost kiss had left her quite intrigued and star struck if she might add.

But she was more curious than anything else. Annabelle was damn sure that Edward was going to kiss her. Hell he was even leaning in to kiss her alright but at the last minute he changed the direction of his lips planting them on her cheek instead.

It was like he was fighting an inner battle on whether he should kiss her or not but when he was close enough he made up his mind. She was very disappointed when he did not kiss her but later she understood why he must have done that, curtsey to her own theory which she made up. She thought maybe he wanted to keep their relationship strictly professional which she appreciated but that didn’t give him an excuse to turn her on then leave her hanging. That was the only thing she could come up with.

Yes that must be it. There is no other reason after all. All but.... she thought to herself frowning as another entirely different reason and purpose. But what if he doesn’t like me? One second. What am I even saying? I don’t like him that way. I’m seriously going insane. Time to stop these thoughts.She made her way into her office and took her seat behind the table. Removing a few files from the table and switching on her laptop, she set to work.

She was so engrossed in her work that she didn’t notice lunch time came and went as well. After another two hours of work, she finally finished and leaned back in her chair letting out a sigh of satisfaction. She had been asked to prepare a presentation of about 50 slides and she had finally finished. It was pretty exhausting. Now that she had finished it she looked around and remembered she was in charge of preparing for a very important meeting.

She was about to make a call to the caterers for the upcoming meeting of the Crawford deal, when her office telephone rang with a message from Edward’s office.

Annabelle, please come into my office immediately.” The voice message said.

Annabelle sighed and got up, stretching her legs as she did so. She yawned and made her way into Edward’s office. On reaching there, she knocked softly on his door. “Come in,” came his voice from inside.

She entered his office and closed the door behind her. “You called for me, Mr. Frost?”

“Have I not told you to call me Edward?” Edward asked looking up from his computer.

“You have. I prefer the formalities inside the office premises.” Annabelle replied smiling at him.

Edward scoffed but said no more on that matter. Annabelle took a seat across him on the table. She asked, “So you asked for me right?”

Edward nodded frowning. He said, “You didn’t have lunch yet. May I ask why?”

Annabelle narrowed her eyes at him. She was wondering how he found out. “Well I’m not hungry so there.”

Edward was about to protest at her unhealthy eating habits when her tummy did the work for him by growling so loudly that Annabelle turned tomato red. Edward just chuckled and replied, “Well there goes your hunger. I would appreciate it if you took proper care of yourself.”

Annabelle flushed and thought Does her really care about me? That would be nice. Having someone care about me after such a long time.

But Edward’s next statement changed her entire mood. Because he said, “Wouldn’t want my secretary getting sick in the middle of a very important meeting.”