Chapter 13: Seoul

Start from the beginning

~ ~ ~

The rest of the show goes on without any problems. Blackpink finishes up the solo stage act and Greg and I head back out on stage. The crowd continues to scream like they've been doing all night, taking breaks only to sing or rap along and I look out. "You want some more?" I shout out to them and they roar in response. "That shit was weak, I said you want SOME FUCKIN' MORE?" I shout even louder at the fans. They manage to roar even louder.

"What more could we possibly give them?" Greg asks me into the microphone, playing along.

"Fuck if I know man," I say to Greg also in the mic. "But I think I know who to ask. We'll just have to find him first."

Suddenly music starts playing through the speaker system in the stadium with the sound of a nasal woman making an announcement. "May I have your attention, please? May I have your attention, please?" The crowd starts to cheer, realizing what's happening as the recording continues. "Will the real Slim Shady please stand up? I repeat, will the real Slim Shady please stand up? We're gonna have a problem here." A platform quickly rises up onto the stage, carrying none other than Eminem and the crowd explodes into cheers and screams.

"Y'all act like you never seen a white person before. Jaws all on the floor like Pam like Tommy just burst in the door..." Greg and I act as Eminem's hype-men throughout the song as we all move about the stage while the audience raps along.

We eventually reach the end of the song, "So won't the real Slim Shady please stand up. Please stand up. Please stand up up up up..." The pyrotechnics blast off as the last word echoes through the speakers. A piano immediately begins playing the intro to Lose Yourself and the crowd screams as the three of us go right into the new song without taking a break.

After we finish Lose Yourself, the crowd cheers. I look over to Eminem and say into the microphone, "Em, thank you so much for coming out and doing this last show with us here in Seoul." The crowd cheers for Eminem and he looks at me and responds, "Oh you don't think that's all right? This is the last show of your tour and we're in mothafuckin' Seoul right now!" The crowd cheers more. "We all need one more thing before calling it quits tonight!" Em says just before the stage blacks out and Greg sneaks off stage in the darkness. The sound of Skylar Grey singing starts to flood out of the speakers as the images of the angelic figure from Dr. Dre's I Need a Doctor music video start playing on the screen.

 Dre's I Need a Doctor music video start playing on the screen

"I'm about to lose my mind. You've been gone for so long. I'm running out of time. I need a doctor. Call me a doctor. I need a doctor. Doctor. To bring me back to liiiiiiiiffffffeeeee." The sound of a heartbeat monitor going flat plays as the lights burst back onto me on stage.

"I told the world one day I would pay it back. Say it on tape, and lay it, record it. So that one day I could play it back..." I rap, doing my verse to open the song. Eminem goes through his verse after and as the chorus starts to come to a close for the second time I announce into my microphone, "Ladies and gentlemen. The legendary..."