1: The Full Moon

I looked in the mirror. I looked older and more tired than any fourteen year old should and my once dark eyes were amber. My hair hung limply in front of my face and I was falling asleep with my head buried in a book. It wasn't that the book wasn't interesting, it was a full moon that night, and it was my first one since I was bitten.

The week leading up to this night had been difficult. I felt my energy draining as the full moon drew closer, I was sleeping most of the day. Remus told me it was normal but I didn't want it to be normal. I just wanted to be able to live how I had before, sleeping in the lead up to the full moon would draw suspicion too easily.

'Molly!' yelled Remus and my head jerked up. I rubbed my eyes then went through to the kitchen, where he was sitting.

'Yeah,' I said wearily. Remus was looking as tired as I was, if not worse.

'I'm going to lock you in the basement now, then I will go to the Ministry! We still have about half an hour!' he said and I nodded slowly. We had a lot of arguments about Remus going to the Ministry, I still wasn't happy about it. They could suddenly change their mind about werewolves and not let him out again. I didn't want to lose him.

I slowly followed Remus to the basement. It had a few blankets in one corner and nothing else. There was only one way out and that was the trap door on the roof, which wasn't very easy for a four legged animal to access. It would be my home for the night.

'Good luck,' said Remus, then he closed the trap door.

I slumped down in a corner and started to play with stones. After about twenty minutes, I felt an itching sensation on my face. I tried to ignore it but it was travelling all over my body. There was suddenly a sharp pain in my arm and I heard a massive crack. I looked down at it and saw my bones were shifting about. I yelled out in pain as my whole body began to shift. A snout was growing, fur was appearing on my hands and I fell down onto all fours.

I yelled again then the pain was gone.

Meat, I thought, sniffing the air, I need meat.

I howled loudly then ran to the trap door and started to scratch at it. I growled then fell backwards. Furious, I started to attack myself. I couldn't stop myself. Seeing as there was no-one else there for me to take out my anger on, it was me.

This went on for hours until I felt a tingling sensation. I started to howl loudly as my body started shifting again. Minutes later, I was a human again.

I fell to the ground. My whole body was in pain and I was bleeding. I lay there for a while, in a pool of my own blood, when the trap-door burst open. Remus was standing there. He had fresh scratches on his face and looked pale. He ran towards me and picked me up. He carried me to the kitchen, where he sat me up and started to treat my wounds. I felt weak and I was still in pain. I winced as he dabbed at my arms with a wet cloth. I looked down to see massive, deep, ugly scratches and bites all down my arms. The pain of it reminded me of something... something deep within my memory.

'I know,' sighed Remus, 'Go, get some sleep. I'll wake you up when it's time to eat.'

I limped through to my room and collapsed on my bed. I was about to shut my eyes when I glimpsed myself in the mirror. Great, ugly scratches ran down my face and they were still bleeding. I looked even older than I did yesterday and I had shadows under my eyes. To be honest, I looked more like a wolf than a human.

I reached for a photo of me and Nico before I was bitten. I looked so much younger and happier even though the photo was only a few months old. I picked up the picture frame then dropped it immediately, surprise etched on my face. It was made of silver and I was shocked to see the wounds on my hands fade a bit before I remembered. Silver and dittany closed wounds and was what had been put on my original bites. Unfortunately, Remus did not have access to any so I would just have to accept the horrid scarring wouldn't go down at all.