Ch.8 Exploration Day

In the middle of the triangular formation, you sit behind Corporal Petra on her horse, gripping her green cloak. Eren was riding beside you guys, who smiles at you as you made eye contact.

" You okay?" He said.

You nod and swallow, it is your first time going out on an exploration.

Along the way, you have encountered a few titans, but they were the usual ones and were quickly killed right off the bat.

The whole exploration team now gathered together enters the forested area.

It looks quite peaceful, the birds chripping as you listen to the "click clak" sounds of horse hoofs stepping on the dirt road.

Levi rides in the front beside Commander Erwin, who had raise his right arm up without looking back. There is a crossroad up ahead.

The whole team halts and cautiously looks around. Commander Erwin turns his horse around said, " We'll be splitting into groups from here." He looks at a hand drawn map in hand before resuming, " group A Hange,Moblit and Oluo's team go explore east. Group B Levi, Moses, Petra's team this includes Eren and the new cadet, Cadet ___." He calls out at to you, making sure you know where you're going. You nod at him in response. " you guys go straight ahead north. And the rest. Follow Me." He gallops off in the cross road leading west with a team of about 10 people.

Mikasa and Armin were split off from you and Eren since they are in Hange's team. You look back until you see them disappear into the trees.

You lightly pat the horse you ride on, on its side as you thought to yourself, that you wish you had learn how to ride.

The ride was silent as if they were waiting for something to pop up at any moment.

You cringe at the thought. Looking at Petra at the back of her head and lean slightly to the side to catch her attention.

She quickly looks over her shoulder, then resume her gaze on the road "?"

" what exactly do you do on an exploration?" You ask.

" We observe the titans, we kill them and sometimes we hunt them down and keep them alive for research purposes like Sonny and Bean back in the lab."

" oh~ so we're kind of like hunters"

" yup, and they are our prey." Petra looks around. Sounds of water can be heard nearby.

Levi lead the team to a small creek, where the horses quickly strolled to it for a drink as the riders got off.

You stretch, then drank some water and nibble on half a piece of bread Petra had given you.

As the team got back on the road, you began to feel small droplets of water coming down.

Everyone had their hood on and picks up the pace on Levi's command.

The clouds are dark grey and you can hear rumbling in the distance.

Out of nowhere you begin to hear stomping, behind you.

You look over your shoulder, there was a medium size titan trailing right behind.

" oh my.." You whisper under your breathe. It walks with its mouth open, drool running down its mouth.

Then it leaps. Your eyes widen, as it's finger nearly grazes the tail of the horse you ride on.

You felt like this would be the best thing to do at this point. As you release your hooks and starts dangling yourself in mid air among the trees. Petra turns around as she feel the weight lifted on the horse, her gaze follow you as you went up, " Cadet ___!" She half shouts.