No Boys Allowed

4

By Natalia's side was Alex Masters, someone they had mutually known in highschool. He didn't have the best reputation in school back then and was known for constantly getting into trouble, ditching class or showing up high and getting into fights. Most parents in town warned their daughters to stay away from the likes of Alex for fear he'd taint them in some way. Alex was a person that Elena and Natalia would not be seen with much less be involved with his company.

For a moment Elena stood in shock till Natalia spoke and woke her senses up, giving her a moment to regain her composure.

" Aren't you going to invite us in ? " Natalia asked.

" Yes, " Elena said while laughing at first, then crying as she reached for her to give her a hug.  "Come in, both of you. "

Natalia and Alex brought their backpacks inside. They each took a seat on the sofa. Elena sat on the loves seat across from them.

" I felt I had to come, " Natalie said in a low tone that could barely be heard. " I don't like how things ended up the last time I saw you. "

" Neither did I. ". Elena admitted.

" I should have gave you my sincerest congratulations and been happy for you about what was going on in your life. Instead I acted childishly and stormed off. "

" It's alright. It's all in the past now. " Elena said reassuringly.

Elena stood up to go to the kitchen.

" Let me get you and Alex some drinks. "

Natalia followed her to the kitchen.

" So where did you and Alex run into each other ? " Elena casually asked.

" We happened to work at the same computer factory in town. ". Natalia said. " I hope you don't mind us dropping by unannounced. "

" Are you serious ? " Elena asked asked as she mixed ink lemonade. " I was always hoping you'd be my maid of honor. I wished it with all my heart and now here you are. "

Elena handed them their drinks. Alex downed his in one gulp. Natalia looked radiantly happy. She only took a few sips though. She leaned closer to Elena.

" Do you have anything stronger than pink lemonade, such as beer ? Maybe some Jack Daniels ? " she whispered softly.

" Oh, yeah. Sure. " Elena said, surprised she would ask.

It was only just past noon and Elena had not thought about serving them anything but pink lemonade.

" Alex likes a drink now and then. " Natalia said.

" There's a bottle of Jack Daniels in the cabinet over there. " Elena said, gesturing.

Natalia opened the cabinet, grabbed the bottle of Jack Daniels and readily poured herself half a glass and walked to the fridge for some ice.

" I'm sorry I don't have much food at the moment. I was about to go food shopping when you two arrived. "

" No worries, " Natalia said. " We ate on the way up here. "

Elena nodded and went back into the living room with a glass of pink lemonade. Natalia handed Alex a glass of Jack Daniels and he eagerly took it from her hands without as much as saying "Thank you." He ignored Elena and Natalia the whole time they were talking. His attention was mostly focused on an episode of The Days of Our Lives soap opera that had just started while drinking away. What a strange situation, thought Elena. In high school I never said very much to Alex Masters in school back then and now here he is sitting in my living room having a drink.