Chapter 11: Treecko the Gardener

Start from the beginning

"Treecko..." the grass type sighed again, shoulders sagging as his legs dipped in the water. "Treecko tree..."

"Don't worry, Treecko, I've got an Oran-" Bonnie froze as she looked at her container, realizing it only had a couple of berries left. She supposed she hadn't topped it off in Petalburg City, and after going through the forest and the battles with Team Archaic, she didn't have much left. She wasn't going to let Treecko down, though, pulling out her last Oran berry and giving it to him. "Here you go, Treecko," she said kindly. "This should give you a boost."

"Thanks Bonnie," Clyde said in relief, while Treecko looked up gratefully.

"Treecko!" he cried out, reaching for the berry.

"Tad!"

Bonnie fell over as a blast of water hit her in the face, causing her to drop the berry. She quickly shook her head, scrambling to get up while Dedenne frantically wiped his eyes and got up himself. Clyde and Treecko were then hit as well, each falling on their backs while Rotom floated over behind Bonnie in fear. As Bonnie quickly looked for the berry she'd dropped, she noticed a small blue Pokemon with a big, circular leaf on ts back, rushing towards her with its six stubby legs. Its yellow mouth, similar to a bill, opened again and once more, Bonnie was knocked down by a Water Gun, while Dedenne was hit a moment later.

"Zzt, analyzing Pokemon!" Rotom cried out, while the Pokemon grabbed the berry from a few feet away. "Lotad, the Water Weed Pokemon. Lotad live in ponds and lakes, where they float on the surface. It grows weak if its broad leaf dies. On rare occasions, this Pokemon travels on land in search of clean water."

Bonnie was interested to know about the Pokemon, but she couldn't really care too much at the moment, seeing the Lotad's stubby legs carrying it away towards the river again, the berry on top of its leaf. "Dedenne, use Thunder Shock!" she shouted, glancing over at Clyde who was holding the exhausted Treecko up.

Dedenne wasn't exactly full of energy either, but he did his best, jumping up and unleashing the blast of electricity as quickly as he could. "Deneneee!" he shouted, the electricity shooting towards the Lotad as it was about to hop into the water.

"Counter with Bubble!" a voice suddenly yelled!

Bonnie's jaw dropped as the Lotad quickly pivoted firing out a dozen or so bubbles from its mouth, which quickly formed a shield in front of it, blocking the electricity briefly before it could jump into the water. She looked around for where the voice had come from, seeing nothing. She decided she needed to act regardless, and quickly ordered another attack. "Dedenne, Thunder Shock again! If it's in the water, it'll be even more effective!"

"Bonnie look out!" Clyde suddenly cried out. Bonnie glanced towards him, seeing him pointing to their right, where there was movement in the water.

"LOTAD!"

Water Gun attacks burst out of the water some kind of out of control sprinkler system. Dedenne was struck again, one attack stopping his Thunder Shock, and another few knocking him down and sending him sliding along the ground. Bonnie was hit as well, falling to the ground and leaving Rotom unguarded as he was hit next. Clyde and Treecko were fortunately safe, hiding behind a tree, but Bonnie knew Treecko needed that berry, seeing him breathing heavily after having been hit earlier.

"Beautifly, let's rumble!" she shouted, throwing out her pokeball and releasing the shiny Butterfly Pokemon. "Use Gust on the water!"

"Beedrill, Twineedle attack!"

That was when Bonnie saw it, spotting the boat behind the large group of Lotad that had emerged, the one with the stolen berry now merging with the group. A girl with maroon coloured hair was there, a menacing Beedrill rushing over the water from her direction. Bonnie quickly looked to Beautifly, seeing her starting to flap her wings, but noticing it was too late.