I knew he only said it so I wouldn't feel so bad, but I do. I wish I was like him, someone who doesn't mess up everything.

Betty: I love you Swetty. I said as I dug my head into his chest.
Sweet Pea: I love you too Betts, so much. He said as he wrapped his other arm around me. I cuddled into his side.

Sweet Pea: don't feel bad about anything, okay? He said softly. I say nothing.

I can't. He is too nice to me. He shouldn't even be looking after me. All I do is stress him out.

Sweet Pea: okay? He said again. I shake my head no.
Sweet Pea: I guess we're not leaving this spot until you say okay. He say.
Betty: Pea- He cut me off.
Sweet Pea: that didn't sound like okay to me. He said while looking down at me.
Betty: Swetty, I hate that you always have to worry about me because I fuck everything up. I hate myself- He immediately cut me off.
Sweet Pea: never say that again. He warned me.
Sweet Pea: and I love you so much Betty, I literally couldn't care less if you tried to stab me, in fact I would be worried if you broke a nail or something while doing it. I care so much about you. He said. I looked up into his eyes sadly.
Sweet Pea: come on, you know how much I love you and want to protect you. Betty I do everything I do because I care about my favourite twin, who I adore. Don't ever think I'm doing this because I have to, I want to do this. He told me.
Betty: yeah but- Again he cut me off.
Sweet Pea: that's not the word I want to here. He said.

I let out a sigh and decided to give into him. I knew there's no other way I would get him to drop this.

Betty: okay. I said. He smiled.
Sweet Pea: see, was that four letter word really so hard? He said with a chuckle.
Betty: yes. I mumbled.

Hal POV:

As I was leaving and saying goodbye to the twins, it reminded me of when they were younger.

As soon as they were born, they never wanted to spend any time apart. They would both try to hide from me and Alice when they knew they weren't going to be together. They even use to have showers with each other when they were six. They're inseparable.

I remember when they were about four years old. They had gotten sick. Sweet Pea had gotten it first and Betty eventually caught it off him since they would both cough in each other's faces. I found it disgusting but they thought it was normal.

Flashback

We took the two of them to the doctors and they both sat impatiently until we finally got called into the doctors office.

Sweet Pea first got checked out and he just had a cold. When it came time for Betty to get checked out she was completely terrified and was hiding behind Sweet Pea. Sweet Pea whispered something to her and she come out from behind him. She sat as close as possible to him until the doctor was done. She ended up having the same as Sweet Pea.

We headed back home and gave them both some medicine. Sweet Pea went to take a seat on the couch while Betty asked us for ice-cream.

We made her a bowl of ice-cream and she took a seat next to Sweet Pea. Alice and I watched them from the kitchen in amusement. Betty would take a scoop of ice-cream and eat half of it, then she'd give the other half of the ice-cream to Sweet Pea. They did that until all the ice-cream was gone.

Alice: Aw, aren't they adorable? I looked to her in disgust.
Hal: that is absolutely disgusting. I said making her laugh. She placed a kiss on my lips and I wrapped my arms around her.
Alice: they're perfect. She said while looking up into my eyes.
Hal: they are. I said with a smile.

End of flashback

I honestly have no idea what snapped Alice and turned her into the cold hearted person she was.