Chapter 3

Please vote ❤️

Betty POV:

I woke up the next morning to Archie walking out of the shower, he luckily had already changed and was fully clothed.

Archie: morning sleepyhead. He says softly while finding his football bag and putting all of his equipment in there.
Betty: morning Arch. I say to him while sitting on the corner of his bed.
Archie: you know you don't need to go to the game. Stay home and relax Betts. He says kindly. I gave him a soft smile.
Betty: if I go home all I'll be thinking about is everything that happened yesterday, plus if I don't go, Kevin will hunt be down, give me a record of all his ratings and then kill me. I say making us both laugh.

Archie: come on, let's get some breakfast. He says while pulling his hand out for me to take. I gladly take his hand and we walk downstairs into the kitchen.

As we walk in I see Fred at the stove and James sitting at the kitchen table. Archie and I took a seat next to each other and we greeted them all with a smile.

Fred has always been a second father to me. Since my parents were close with the Andrews I spent a lot of my time with them. Ever since my parents died Fred always took the time to check up on me and look after me, he's such a beautiful man.

He plated up breakfast and put it in front of all four of us. He soon sat down and we ate while making casual conversation. We talked a little about school and a bit about Archie's game today.

Once we finished breakfast, Fred cleaned up, James had work and Archie and I sat on the couch.

As we were talking his doorbell rings. Archie got up to get it. As soon as I heard the voice coming from outside the door I knew it was Kevin. A couple seconds later Kevin walks in with a chirpy smile, until he saw my face, suddenly his expression softened and he embraced me in a tight hug.

Kevin: are you okay? He asked worriedly while looking at me.
Betty: yeah? I say.

I had know idea how he could know that I was upset. The only people who know are the Serpents and Archie, I know Archie wouldn't have told anyone unless I gave him permission too.

Kevin: that's a lie. I can tell you've been crying. He says.
Archie: how do you know that? He asked fascinatingly.
Kevin: I'm gay Archie, I know everything. He then turns to face me.
Kevin: so beautiful bestie, what's up? He asked.

He held my hand in his and I took a deep breath. I began to tell him how this started all over Veronica and how I was dragged into an intervention I wanted to have no part in whatsoever. Kevin was extremely shocked when I told him what Sweet Pea had said to me, wishing that I was dead instead of our parents.

Kevin: B, I'm so sorry. He cooed while rubbing my back.
Kevin: let me at him, watch me hurt him. He says angrily, making me laugh.

Out of my friend group, Kevin is the only one that doesn't hesitate to speak back to my brother. If Kevin thinks he's down something wrong by me, he'll make sure Sweet Pea knows about it.

We were getting ready to leave his house as Archie had to be there an hour earlier so the coach can speak to his team. I looked in the mirror and I had the biggest and darkest bags under my eyes. I let out a sigh. My makeup is at home, where Sweet Pea is. I know he's home because I can see his bike in the driveway.

I walked out of the bathroom looking sad.

Kevin: what's got you sad babe? He asked, his voice laced with concern.
Betty: I need my makeup but it's at the house. I say to him.
Kevin: that's no problem, we simply go over there. If he try's to annoy you I'm throwing some hands. He says making a small smile form on my face.
Kevin: yess, this is my best friend with the most gorgeous smile. He says making me blush. He lets out a laugh and wraps his arm over my shoulder.