Chapter Thirty Five

Harry's POV

Before I met Chloe, the only future I pictured was the next drink I was going to have or the next blunt I'd smoke. Then she came along, and changed me. She had me thinking about a real future, a future farther out then the next drink or blunt; a future including a life with her.

A future where we'd grow old together.

And now, I'm sitting here with no tears left in me to cry, praying for a miracle where we'd get to do that.

It's been 6 hours and 27 minutes since the doctors took Chloe from my arms, and it's been just as long since I've been sitting in this uncomfortable, ER waiting room chair. Mum left about two hours ago, promising she'd be back in the morning, and if anything happened, I'd better call her.

I agreed, hoping a doctor would come out of the operating room soon and give me a reason to call her-a good reason that is.

I'd daydreamed about a hundred times while waiting in this room already, all of them revolving around a doctor coming out and telling me my girl would be all right.

I still don't even know what happened.

I decided that if they're still in there, then there must be hope. There has to be hope; if Chloe's gone, than I don't know what I'd do. I know I shouldn't be thinking like this, especially after everything I've been through, but it's true. I've grown strong enough to be okay with Chloe not visiting me for two weeks, but Chloe dying? Gone forever?

No way. I couldn't do it.

But she'll be okay. She needs to be okay. I need her to be okay.

I opt to think of when she gets better, and the day I'm able to take her home. Things will be better, we'll be in love and move on with our lives. I'll give her the happily ever after she deserves, and try my damnedest not to fuck it up like I always do.

I'll love her unconditionally, and she'll do the same.

I'm in the middle of praying the rosary for the 1000th time that night when a doctor enters the waiting room. I immediately stand to my feet in anticipation. She's going to be okay, I hope.

"Is Chloe Hayes okay?" I ask him.

"Are you a family member of Ms. Hayes?" He asks.

Is he fucking serious? I thought that was only a thing on movies and television shows to ask people that. Who gives a fuck who I am, I need to know if she's okay.

"I'm her boyfriend," at least I hope to be when you tell me she's okay and is going to live. "Is she okay, or what?" I snap.

"I'm sorry, is there a family member here I can speak to? If you're not related to Ms. Hayes, then I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to divulge any information-"

"Listen," I look at his name tag, "Dr. Raymond. I'm the only family Ms. Hayes has, and I don't give a fuck whether we have the same blood or same last name. She will be my wife one day, and if you don't tell me she's going to be okay, then you'll be a patient in your own fucking hospital."

I can feel my face heating up as I say my last words. Fuck, I'm so agitated, I know that probably wasn't the best way to react. However, it seemed to get his attention. Doctor Raymond looks scared shitless. At least it did the trick...

"Of course, sir," he spits out. I kind of feel bad watching him shake like a little girl, but then again, I really don't. "Let's sit down, yeah?"

Oh fuck.

I nod and follow him to those stupid chairs. I swallow and try to remember those breathing exercises that Doctor Nelson taught me in rehab as Chloe's doctor looks through the papers on his clipboard. Of course, they don't do shit.