Chapter Thirteen*

"Hey Chloe! What are you doing tonight?" Anne asked as I walked into the living room where she was knitting and watching some soap opera on the television.

"Um, I'm not sure. Why?" I sit down on the chair and wait for her to explain. It feels weird talking to her because I feel like I'm going to slip up and reveal the fact that Harry and I are basically dating.

"Well your dad and I just thought it would be good to get out and go grab dinner by the pier. It just feels like we haven't had spent any time together in awhile!"

I felt a little guilty with that statement. Ever since Harry and I had started hanging out, and since two nights ago when we took it to the next level, we haven't really been home much.

"I'd love too. And I think Harry said he didn't have plans, so he should be able to come." If I have to go, he's coming with too.

"Lovely!" She beams and puts her knitting needles and yarn on the coffee table so she can stand up. "I'll go call David and let him know... Let's plan for six at Oceanfront?"

"Sounds good." I return her smile as she leaves to the kitchen. Just when she's out of sight, I hear the front door close and footsteps trudging up the stairs.

I get up and go after Harry. Hopefully he won't be too mad that I volunteered him to come with tonight.

"Hey." I smile when I get the his door. He's sitting on the edge of his bed pulling his boots off.

Harry looks up and finally notices me, his hard demeanor shifting into a much softer expression. Butterflies erupt in my stomach. He holds his hands out to me, so I shut the door behind me before I make my way over to him.

"Hey." He sighs after a brief kiss. He holds me in his arms tightly.

I frown and pull away from our embrace to look at him more closely. "You okay?"

"Good now."

"Harry..."

"I'm fine, Chloe." He forces a smile. I don't know what's going on, but I know if I keep pestering him, it'll make him angry. So I forget about.

I nod and respect his privacy. "Okay. How was Zayn's?"

Harry kisses me before removing me from his lap to change into a different shirt. "Same shit, different day. What were you up to?"

"Nothing really. But... I kind of told your mom we would go out to dinner with her and my dad..."

Harry turns around and looks at me. "Seriously? Why would you do that?"

I sigh and walk over to stand in front of him. "Because your mom really wants us to all spend time together, and me and you are always doing something. It's the least we can do."

"But I want to stay here with you." He pouts.

"Patience, my friend, is a wonderful thing." I wink and kiss his cheek. "I'm going to get changed-we're leaving at six so you should get ready too. Wear something nice." He flashes me a challenging look. "For me?"

"Fine." I knew that would get him.

I leave him in his room while I go back to mine to get ready. I change into my light blue sundress and some sandals before brushing through my hair once, then I'm back in Harry's room to make sure he is coming with.

"You ready?"

"Yeah." Harry shoves on his boot and stands up. "I like the dress."

"Thanks." I lean up on my toes to kiss him. He wraps his arms around my waist and picks me up and throws me on his bed. "Harry!"