Interesting Situation

"Bells, are you home?" I was startled awake by my father slamming the door. I sat up abruptly and heard Edward groan as I felt his arms slip away.

I looked around. We had fallen asleep on the couch. I wasn't surprised. We'd both been exhausted when I popped in the movie.

Edward's arms wrapped around my waist again as he tried to pull me back down on the couch. It was an unconscious notion. He was still completely asleep. I hadn't realized how tired he was.

Charlie walked into the living room and I looked up quickly enough to make sure he was quiet. He looked down at Edward in shock. I shook my head and put a finger over my lips. I untangled myself from Edward's arms gently and walked with my father into the kitchen.

"What's going on, Isabella?" My father whispered.

I flinched. I didn't like it when he called me Isabella. He only did when he was going to scold me. "It's not what it looks like, Dad. We were watching a movie and we fell asleep."

He shook his head, "Bella, you're too young to be in this kind of relationship."

I crossed my arms, "Dad, by my age, you and mom were already married. Not only that, but pregnant with me."

Charlie winced and I immediately felt bad. Even if he was falling for Sue, that would never change his feelings for Mom. She was his first love. "Which is exactly why I'm telling you this, Bells. I don't want to see you hurt. I can see it in your eyes. You're already in love with him."

I sighed. He was right. I couldn't hide my feelings from him. "Dad," I didn't know how I was going to convince him that Edward was a good guy. "You're right. I love Edward. And it may surprise you that he loves me too. I know that it surprised me. Give him a chance. You've met him before. You know he's a nice guy."

Charlie harrumphed and turned toward the stairs to get washed up. I sighed, knowing that he'd given up for tonight.

The front door burst open and I saw Edward bolt up in shock and look around for me. "Bells," a low familiar voice said, "I got some bad news for ya."

I put my fists on my hips and glared at Jacob, "Jake, haven't you ever learned to knock? Jeez, you scared me to death."

He gave me a sheepish smile. "Sorry, Bells. I just had to tell you the verdict on your truck."

Edward chuckled as he reached me. "Please tell me that she can't drive it anymore."

Jake looked between Edward and me, before giving me another sheepish look. "Sorry, Bells. There was nothing I could do."

I narrowed my eyes at them, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you two were conspiring against me."

Edward chuckled and kissed my cheek. "That would be hard to do since you've never introduced us, Love."

I shook my head at my forgetfulness. "Sorry, you're right. Edward, this is my best friend Jacob and Jacob this is my boyfriend Edward."

"Ah, yes. The shiny Volvo owner. You're the Dr.'s son right?" Jacob took Edward's outstretched hand.

"That's right. And you must be the person who's kept that death trap running so Bella could drive it."

I looked between the two of them. There didn't seem to be any hostility, but there wasn't any hope of friendship in the air. I sighed, "You two be nice while I call someone for a second opinion."

They both looked at me in shock."Bella, love. Why would you need a second opinion? You've never doubted Jacob's ability to take care of your truck before."