The Day After

I awoke very comfortable. Far too comfortable for a couch. I let my eyes scan the room. This was not Edward's living room, but I knew this room. I had been here before.

I stretched out slightly and sat up. This was Edward's bedroom, I was sure of it. How had I gotten here, and where was Edward. I blushed realizing he must have carried me in here. I got out of the bed and headed towards the living room. I saw him stretched out on the couch. He was really too long and the position which he was lying in did not look comfortable. I wished that he had left me on the couch or slept with me in the bed.

I went into the kitchen to search for any sort of coffee. I had a feeling that quite a few people in the house were going to need it. I heard light feat bouncing around behind me. "Good morning, Alice"

"Morning Bella," I could hear the smile in her voice. "How did you sleep?"

"Too well. I wish that Edward would have found a more comfortable way to sleep."

"I tried to convince him that you would be okay with him sleeping in the same bed as you. He wouldn't do it though. He said it was wrong to do so without your permission."

I finally turned to her with a fresh mug of coffee in my hand. Alice was excited enough, so I didn't make her a cup, though there was enough for the guys. I noticed what Alice was wearing. "Could you be more obvious?"

"What do you mean?" Alice asked with an innocence I didn't trust.

"Those cloths scream 'I had sex'."

"Well it's not like I was going to leave the apartment in them."

A booming unfamiliar voice entered the kitchen. "Did I just hear you say that you had sex?" I looked up to see who the voice had come from. I had no doubt that this was Emmett. And he was staring right at me. "It must not have been good if you made my bro sleep on the couch."

I blushed, naturally. "Not that it's any or your business, but I did not have sex with your brother."

Emmett's jaw dropped to the floor and his eyes went wide. "You didn't do it with Jasper did you? That would kill Edward."

I had to laugh at his expression. "I didn't," I said throwing a glance at Alice whose tinkling laughter had begun to harmonize with my own.

Emmett looked confused but satisfied for the moment. "So who made the lasagna last night? It was amazing."

I looked over and saw the empty pan. It had been half full when I left it last night. "I did"

Emmett smile, "Well then, you can sleep with whoever you want as long as you stick around." Someone reached up and smacked the back of his head. "Ow!"

I noticed the beautiful blonde who I had been jealous of standing next to him, "I'm sure you're not implying that she can sleep with you."

"N-no, baby, of course not." It was funny to see the genuine fear in his eyes. This girl had a power over him that I respected.

She smiled at me. "I'm Rose, Sorry about this big lunk. I'm still trying to figure out how to get him to shut up."

Emmett wrapped on big arm around Rose's little waist. "A kiss usually does the job, baby." Rosalie rolled her eyes and went to get a mug of coffee.

I heard other groggy voices outside the kitchen. Jasper and Edward must be awake. Alice beamed to the sound so I figured I was right. The two drunkenly stumbled into the kitchen. Edward was rubbing the back of his neck and I immediately felt guilty. Why did I have to be such a heavy sleeper that he could carry me to his room without me noticing? I could have made him stay. The smile he threw my direction silenced any internal complaints.