Quietly, a sigh escaped him, and he placed down his glass. "I was caught off guard is all." A smirk slowly formed on his lips, and he peered over to her. "But, I think that I've caused you to be embarrassed more times." He moved around the counter, and she watched him carefully.

After he took the wine glass out of her hand and set it aside, his left fingers slipped under her chin and lifted it slightly. Warmth began to invade her cheeks. "Like right now." His lips moved in closer. "You just freeze up for me. That's truly cute."

Gently, he placed a kiss upon her lips, and she returned the soft sign of affection. Her hands rested against his chest before they slid up and around his neck. His fingers continued to stay under her chin while his other hand slipped around her waist. Carefully, he pressed her up against him.

Needing air a few minutes after, she pulled back as her chest rose and fell with a slightly quicker rate than before. Her arms remained wrapped around him, and her head soon leaned against his chest. From that position, she noted her living room. It wasn't empty, but the blankets and her pillow that had to be moved over to Edmund's were all laid out on the floor. Another pillow was among the comfortable setup, which she assumed to be from Edmund's place, soon to be their place.

In the center of it all, there was a plate with cheese, crackers and fruit. She smiled before she buried her head into his chest. "You like it?" (F/n) nodded her head to his question before she looked up to him and pressed a kiss to his right cheek.

"But, how did you bring it in without..."

"Without you noticing?" She nodded. Edmund slipped away from her before he walked over to the wine bottle and his glass. Picking them up, he headed over to the blankets. After he set them down, he seated himself. "While you had been in the shower."

"You had left my door unlocked?" she questioned, pretty shocked if that was the case. She grabbed her glass and joined him on the blankets.

"No, you had left your keys on the kitchen counter. I had locked the door while I had gone to my apartment and brought the items over." He pointed over to the keys atop her counter once more. "You didn't have anything in your fridge since we had eaten out today."

"Right ..." She chuckled. "We probably should have left a few things in there." He shook his head before he took a sip of his wine. (F/n)'s attention, though, focused on something else: a deck of cards. "What game are we playing?"

"You're welcome to choose." He plucked a grape off of the plate and popped it into his mouth. After he swallowed, he mentioned, "Or, we could try and build a house of cards."

"... That might be ... I'm terrible at those. And on blankets?"

"It gives us a challenge." She raised a brow at him and placed down her glass. He chuckled at her expression and removed the cards from the holder. "If it's any consolation, I've never been able to build one either." Doubt met him, and he laughed. "It's true. I can never position them right."

"Then, why suggest it? Because, it gives us a challenge?" She crossed her arms, her tone mocking.

"Exactly." He split the deck into two and handed her one half. "We can race to see who builds the first level successfully. If we both finish at the same time, we move onto the second level."

"Is this why you brought the wine and food out?" She smoothed the blanket out as much as she could before they started. "So that you get an edge up?" (F/n) stared to him out of the corners of her eyes.

"I would never play like that, (f/n)." He placed some cheese on a cracker and ate it just to prove her wrong. Once he swallowed, he held his left hand out to the meal. "It's simply dinner. Please help yourself."

Narrowing her eyes at him, she ate a grape before she got her cards ready. "Let's start." She received a nod from him, and they swiftly began. As the competition carried on, Edmund did prove to be quite awful at card house building. Several times, she kept being ahead of him before she would make a mistake and have to start over. His seemed to be falling over constantly.

An hour passed, and (f/n) took another sip of her wine. She was on her second glass by that point, and her cheeks felt a little flushed; however, she was close to finishing the first level. (F/n) concentrated heavily on the final card. Just as she was about to place it, Edmund reached for a grape. His slight movement caused a tiny breeze to knock over a card. Before she could even place the final card, her first level collapsed.

"You did that on purpose!" she yelled, completely frustrated. Her eyes turned sharply to him as a pout formed on her lips. Her shout did sound somewhat childish, like someone had stolen a doll from her when she had been a child.

"I was hungry." He popped the grape into his mouth, and she glared at him, but it soon became playful. Edmund noted her expression, but he made no motion to stop what she was planning. Her eyes shifted to the few cards standing up by him. Rapidly, she leaned towards them and knocked them over.

"There, now we're even!" She leaned back and crossed her arms triumphantly.

"Even?" He took a sip of his wine and finished off his second glass. "Hardly." She diverted her eyes to him curiously, only to soon find herself being tugged towards him. A surprised cry left her. (F/n) landed on his lap and felt heat rush to her cheeks. Her eyes met his. "We still have more rounds to go."