chapter 8

"And now for the keys" I chuckled trying to keep my cool "their in my boobs, bottom left" I sweetly smiled as he growled.

"Go on, reach for the keys. I'm getting flipping cold here" I said, he contemplated whether he should do it or not and I guess he went for not. He left and came back with Joy, my younger sister. She has no problem with reaching down my shirt and purposely pinching my boobs in the process.

The chain dropped as Noah unlocked the lock and the crowd cheered, I bowed while kicking the chain out of my way.

"Woah, are you crazy !? This could burn me" Joy shrieked as he jumped up and down trying not to step on the chain "How stupid do you think I am ? Why would I intentionally put myself in a life threatening situation ? This is a normal metal chain, I needed something to scare you father so he could give into my demands" I smiled and walked away

Yes, I chickened out. After the science class told me about all the chemicals and what they could do to me if they were too close to me or if I inhaled them I decided not to go for the life threatening decision and asked them to lie about the chain I would use and in return I'd help them get funding for new equipment.

I heard Noah growl behind me before he walked past me without a word, what is he ? An animal ? It was currently seven o'clock in the evening and I hadn't had anything to eat since this afternoon.

The crowd had cleared and all that was left was a very angry looking mother. "Hey ma" I said kicking invisible stones. "You young lady, are in huge trouble" she said dragging me to the car

To say I received an earful from my mother would be the understatement of the century, she nearly hit me then she remembered she was driving

When we got home I knew my father was not going to be a very happy man, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. He was pacing back and forth in front of the stair case, my father is a man who doesn't like a lot of attention and the stunt I pulled tonight gained a lot of attention.

"You ungrateful little girl" he pointed his finger at my face as soon as we stepped into the house, sometimes I think my father is a bit of a nutcase so giving him attention when his screws are a bit lose is just a waste of energy

"You nearly put our reputation at stake" he loudly yelled. He took very deep breaths to try calm himself down, I scrunched my nose at how harshly he was breathing in, it looked painful.

He continued to rant on about how ungrateful I am, how irresponsible and selfish I have become and last but definitely not least, how much I continue to disappoint him. All this used to hurt but now I'd just gotten used to it. I could even recite his words as he said them to me but my mother would slaughter me.

I dragged my feet up stairs slouching, tired from todays very memorable events. I could still hear my father yelling at whatever he was yelling at.

Surprisingly I fell asleep quite quickly but it felt like I hardly slept at all. I woke up to Joy shaking me in my sleep. "Lerato, Lerato ! Wake up and come see" she sped out of my room leaving the door open

I stomped downstairs, yes I am absolutely not a morning person. All the commotion outside made me walk faster towards it. A huge crowd of people had gathered around my house and guessing by the paparazzi, Noah was surely involved.

There were huge balloons that filled the whole street that read Will you marry me? I saw Noah walking out between the word marry holding a ring box, I can't believe they woke me up for this. I contemplated whether I should ignore everything and pretend like I saw nothing or I should act all jolly and go receive the ring.

I walked to Noah with the biggest brightest fake smile I had ever worn and hugged his tightly around his neck on purpose making sure I suffocate him in the process while I said "I can't believe that you woke me up for this" I let go of me shortly and shouted 'YES!'

The people screamed while Noah put the ring on my finger and chanted "kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss" before that moment I had seemed to forget that couples kiss I looked nervously at Noah who looked irritated, I knew he didn't want to do this proposal this way but it was a great publicity stunt.

"Well Noah, let's give the people what they want" I smirked, internally I was shitting myself. I mean this is the first kiss between us

He slowly snaked his hands around my waist and leaned in slowly, this would be the perfect time to do something drastically dramatic but nothing could come to mind. And so we kissed.

The people cheered as we broke off, I looked to see a very happy Lesedi next to my mom crying. And Anne, well I couldn't see her anywhere I would've sworn she was standing right next to Lesedi.