Chapter 2 | REWRITTEN

Kai's Journal

Entry III                                 XX/XX/XXXX
Day 2
Dear Journal,
It was only yesterday when my team was starting to get suspicious of me.

They were worried.

I don't want to stay at the bounty with them though, they'll only say those things again. Even if I don't, the damage is already done.

I want to leave for good, but I'm not sure how Nya will handle it. When we lost our parents, it took a big blow on us: it took a big blow on me. And she was always there for me.

We stood back up, together. But we didn't fully recover from it. I learned that you shall never kill as a ninja. That isn't fair.

But now he's dead. He was even killed by some rotten old villains. How's it fair that someone kills and they don't get killed?

The team didn't even care a lot anyway. Why should I care? They act like I'm weak. But I'll show you who's the weaker one here.

-Kai

(Present time)
Kai was on his way to the door, about to grab the doorknob when someone touched his shoulder.

It was Lloyd.

"Don't go Kai, we can't have our fire master missing."

Kai put on his fake smile, and responded.

"I'm not leaving, just gonna take a walk around the park."

"Well, let me come with you Kai! I'll go get my hoodie."

Lloyd scurried into the hallway while Kai waited for him to disappear. He then turned the doorknob and left onto the deck. He made his dragon and flew off.

He took one last look at what he called his home, and disappeared into the night.

Lloyd came back with his hoodie.

"Kai, we can go no—

Lloyd couldn't finish when he realized his friend was gone. He was scared that he wouldn't be able to see him again.

"Kai!" Lloyd ran across the hallway, slammed open the front door, and sprinted across the deck.

"No! I'm too late!" He clung onto the railing, he tried to regain his strength to make his dragon but he felt as though he lost someone important to him.

He told himself that he'll come back, or at least tried to convince himself that, but he knew deep down he wouldn't be seen for a long time.

(With the others)

"What do you mean Kai's gone!? He just left for a walk!"

"Did not! It's the next day!"

Nya was sobbing into jays shoulder as jay was arguing with Lloyd,

"Guys, he's gone.. he left me a note on my bed. He's not coming back."

"What did it say Nya?"

"He said not to tell you guys. I don't want to betray him.

"But he betrayed us!" Cole finally spoke up.

Everyone went silent.

"He did not." Lloyd finally got up, hands clenched at his side.

"Excuse me?" Cole asked.

"Kai puts himself last, everyone's first for him. Why would he endanger his team on purpose?"

Everyone slowly left the main room as they went to their rooms one by one.

First Nya.

Then Jay running after her, slamming the door shut behind him.

Then Zane.

Then Lloyd. He went to the deck.

And then Cole just put on his headphones and walked to his room.

(With Kai)
Kai was flying against the sun as he was filled with nothing but his thoughts.

One side of him told him that he shouldn't have left, and that Lloyd cared.
The others though. They didn't care.

He wanted to prove them wrong.

That he was strong.

That he was better than everyone there.

No! Everyone there combined couldn't defeat him, the Master of Fire.

The jealous, and hatred overpowered the logic and reason. His pride wouldn't let him turn back. He didn't know where the bounty was but he went one way.

Straight.

It was getting late so he decided to fly down to a opening of a cave in the distance. Near the end of ninjago city.

He got off his dragon as it disappeared into the air. He lit some wood nearby and sat next to it. He heard a twig snap and he jolted up, his hand on the end of his sword, ready to attack.

"Who's there"

The wind answered back.

"I'm here~"
The wind revealed a familiar face.
Or faces..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It's a little shorter but I tried.

Thank you for reading!