Chapter 18 ~ The Coffee

Zacznij od początku

Her words made a smile form on my lips. To be honest, I missed being over and eat dinner at their place too. It was something I'd done quite often when Harry was gone and also before he had disappeared in the first place. I missed having our talks as well. However, I'd been a little hesitant since the curly haired boy came back. It literally seemed like she was willing to do anything to get the old him back, which scared me. If I were in her situation, I would probably have done the same thing, but now I was the person who could get hurt in between, and I didn't want that. That was why I hadn't contacted her since we were over for lunch last time. Now though, It seemed like her desperation had toned down a little, and I was happy about that.

"That sounds great. What time?"

"How about you call me after school?" She suggested.

"Sure, I'll let you know. See you then?"

"Absolutely. Bye, Louis."

"Bye, Anne."

-

When school ended the next day, I was actually getting a little nervous. I hadn't really talked to Anne alone after Harry came back, and I was a little anxious about what she was going to say and talk about. Sure, she was like my second mother, but she was Harry's real mother, which was what made me nervous.

Things at school were pretty much like how they were yesterday. Harry kept flashing me disappointed looks while my friends avoided bringing the curly haired boy up in our conversations.

I decided it was best not to go home before I called Anne considering school was located closer to the café I knew she was talking about than my house. When I was outside the gates, I dialed her number and brought the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Anne. It's Louis. I've finished school now."

"Oh, great! I'll get in the car right away. Do you want me to pick you up?"

I shook my head even though she couldn't see me. "No, that's alright. I'll just take the bus and walk, but thanks anyway."

"If you say so," she said, and you could hear the smile in her voice. "See you there, then."

"Sure."

With that, we ended the call and I made my way to the bus stop. Right then, I could see a Range Rover pull up at the gates. I didn't recognize the man in the driver's seat, but there was no doubt that it was Harry's driver.

I rolled my eyes at the thought. However, since he didn't have a driver's license and Anne was about to meet me, I assumed there was no other way for him to get home safely otherwise. I mean sure, Holmes Chapel wasn't very big, but I was certain a lot of fans had caught up with the fact that he was home now and had tracked him down.

To be honest, I was surprised he could even be in school without getting in more trouble than he was. It was something his security guards had handled pretty well, I must say.

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I almost missed the bus that pulled up in front of me. Getting onto it, I sat down in an empty seat and waited until it came to a halt at the right stop. It didn't take more than three minutes.

Once I was outside the café, I could see Anne standing at the entrance. I walked over to her and she noticed me instantly, opening her arms to pull me into a tight hug. "It feels like it's been ages, my son. How have you been?"

I pulled out of the hug and gave her a wide smile. "I've been alright, and you?"

She returned the smile and nodded her head. "Yeah, things are getting better," she winked.