06 | the tragic news

☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️

☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️

"Your father is no longer alive."

no longer alive. no longer alive. no longer alive. The sentences repeat inside her head over and over. She runs her shaky hands through her hair while closing her eyes. And begging for the voice to stop.

"Please, please I beg you to stop. Please." She whispered at nobody as tears running down her cheeks. She felt her knees weakened and fell down, putting her head between her knees and crying so hard.

Pogo and her mother gazed at her from the door with pity filled their eyes, especially pogo since he knows more about how much she loved her father.

Natasha raised her head and glared at them with blank eyes as she wiped her tears off her cheeks, and got up acting as nothing happens.

"Ummm-" she clears her throat. "I'm- I'm sorry, I just... I'm sorry." she sobbed.

she tried to speak but no words come out, her mother put a hand on her shoulder and squeeze softly. "It's okay to cry, Natasha dear. Let it go, cry as much as you want. Don't keep it inside you. It's not good."

"Let it go, Natasha, crying isn't a weakness." Pogo repeated after nodded his head agreeing with Grace.

Natasha looked at both of them before hugging her mother and cried, she whispered; "Five. Ben. And now dad."

---

The next month, the news of her father's death spread so fast.

Natasha watched, thoughtfully, her father's picture hanging on the wall on his office, she kept thinking a lot of things including her father's death, which absolutely stops her from having a sweet sleep.

A soft knock brought Natasha out of her thoughts as she looked who's knocking the door and it was pogo, who was wearing a small smile on his face.

"I see you in a better mood." He said approaching her. His heavy, tired yet happy voice filled the quiet office, which made Natasha smile slightly.

"Actually, I kept thinking about my dad's death- and I've been wondering, what if his death is the reason fo, you know-, to- to set me... free?" Natasha wondered.

"Cleaver thinking, Natasha. But this is not what matters, but what matters really is that your family is coming, and I think it's time for you to meet them." Pogo said and starts to leave, leaving the confused angelic Hargreeves on her own.

"Wait, What- hold on a minute, who said I'm ready? Pogo, pogo Come back here, you son of a bitch." she yelled angrily, but whispered the last part.

Have fun reading!💛💛