I walked up the stairs till I came to a door. I hesitantly touched the handle and turned it. The light of the day sun was blinding, but all I did was turned my head for a moment. I walked out onto the roof of the hospital and a breeze caressed me.

I walked to the middle of the roof and fully unfurled my wings. The wind felt so right flowing around my wings that I spread my arms too. Slowly my wings moved back and forth on their own. I was lifting off the roof inch by beautiful inch. I smiled at the delicious exhilaration of moving these wings and being in the air.

My concentration was cut into when I heard Dr. Sabers laughing in glee. My wings stopped their motion and I fell onto my butt. The fall did not hurt me in the slightest. Dr. Sabers ran over to me worried and no longer laughing.

"What happened?" He touched my leg as he knelt down. I twisted away from him. "Please tell me my living goddess." I could hear and feel him starting to reach for my face. I moved quickly away from him before he could.

I rose and started to run across the roof away from Dr. Sabers. He was not giving chase. How could he? I shifted a little lower and then jumped high into the air. I flew up into the sky above the hospital. My hair wiped around me as the wind I created caught it and tugged at it. This was what I needed to forget all about how Dr. Sabers just called me a 'living goddess'.

I was thankful that they provided a decent outfit for me to wear. The top was a low back halter in my favorite color, royal purple. I was wearing blue jeans too. Though I was wishing I was wearing a skirt so I could feel the wind caress my legs. They gave me ballet shoes that laced up my legs which meant they weren't falling off me right now. I sighed resigning myself to return to the roof of the hospital after a few minutes.

As I drew near the roof, I realized one thing. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO LAND! I circled around the roof a few times trying to figure out how I should land on it. I decided the hover technique maybe the best way to land. I was remembering watching hummingbirds years ago, though mine will be a lot slower motion. I took in a deep breathe and started to hover above the roof.

Inch by patient inch I lowered to the roof with one foot pointed to the roof and the other leg bent. My hands were placed in a very cautious way as I was watching what I was doing. I touched the roof and my wings slowed their movements. I exhaled as both my feet touched the roof without me falling.

I looked around and saw guards pointing weapons at me. I cringed back. "Lower your weapons. She is no danger to you." Dr. Sabers commanded as he saw them pointed at me. Dr. Sabers took my arm and escorted me off the roof. "I'm sorry for their reaction to you flying." His touch was stern and not romantic right now. He was angry at the guards. His grip loosened as we exited to elevator. "I liked your landing. A very goddess like landing for her first time." I cringed at him calling me a goddess again. "Why did you cringe?"

"I don't like being called a goddess."

"That's right because you are just a freak like us. A freak they created because our blood was different from everyone else." I looked over and an evil looking man was staring at me from the second room on the right from the elevator. His black hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail that fell to his shoulders. His eyes were snake eyes. He even had snake's skin on parts of his face and the parts of his arms I saw. He walked over to me like a snake and placed a hand on my neck. He shoved me hard against the wall. "Though they tell me your more of a freak than any of us."

Dr. Sabers placed a hand on the guy's arm. "Leave Bast alone Karl." The guy got furious at the sound of the name Dr. Sabers gave me. His head snapped to the doctor and with his free arm, hit the doctor square in the chest. Dr. Sabers slid across the ground about ten feet away.