Chapter two - The guest list

After dinner me and Lilly went to ride the horses. Lilly on her own horse Freya that she had gotten for her 17th birthday. Freya was beige. My own horse named Lightning. He was not so fast, but he had a black mark on his forehead that looked like a flash. Exept for that litle mark he was white. All the people in the castle hat their own horses. Butlers always had light brown horses, same with the guards. My mom, Mia, had a white horse named Pegasus. Pegasus was completely white, except on the belly and legs when he was a little gray. My father, Nicholas, had a dark brown horse. The king always had a dark brown horse in the past, and my dad wanted to live up to that tradition.

"Lilly", I said when I slowed down with the horses in the middle of the great royal paddock. "Do you know how many guests will be at the ball tonight?"

"To be honest, Lydia", she answered and stayed beside her." I have no idea."

"Too bad", I said and looked out towards the horizon.

"Maybe a little more than hundred people...", she said uncertainly.

" Hundred?" I almost screamed in shock.

Lilly nodded.

Mom used to always invite many guests. She used to invite people from all over the world.

The list is certainly very long.

"Now I know what to do!" I said.

"What?" asked Lilly.

"We can sneak into mom's office while she's sleeping, take a copy of the guest list and then go to my room to dress for us while reading it."

"I do not know Lydia", Lilly said. Isn't  it too risky?

"Yeah", I said feeling excited.

"But..."

"No buts, Lilly", I interrupted her. "We just do it."

"But we can't do it alone..." she said hoping that I was going to change my mind.

"You got that right", I said and thought for a moment.

But then I said:

"We ask Carlile for help."

I knew that Lilly would go along with it at the end, so we rode back to the castle to persuade Carlile. Normally, I used to saddle Lightning myself, but I didn't have time for that now, so we asked stables farmhands fix them. I kissed flash on his mule, the I  and Lilly ran to the castle. Now it was just to find Carlile.

We found him at his post infront of Mom and Dad's room.

"Carlile", I whispered around the corner of the hall.

He looked around, and didn't see us at first, but at the end he saw us and walked scilently twoards us.

"Carlile we need your help", I said." We must get into the mother's office."

"But Your Highness", 'he said. "You know you should not be in the Queen's office."

"But Carlile, we must. Please?"

"What will you do?"

I looked at Lilly and she nodded.

"We must take a copy of the guest list."

Me and Lilly stood outside Mom's office and waited for Carlile to come.

"I can not believe I'm doing this", Carlile said when he arrived with the keys, and opened for us.

"Thanks Carlile", I said and Lilly in the mouth of another. Both I and Lilly took Carlile's head in our hands and kissed his blond half long hair.

"Guard the door!" I said to both Carlile and Lilly. Carlile would guard outside the door and Lilly inside.

I ran to mom's desk and was looking for guest list. It took a while before I found it. It was laying on the table. I ran the paper into the typewriter, and pushed it out.

While I was waiting for it to come so I heard Lilly whisper that said, "Hurry up."

When the paper finally came out of the printer, I put back the correct paper in the bottom of the stack, and took the copy with me. Lilly opened the door, and Carlile moved aside so we could get out.

Thank you, I said and Lilly in the mouth at each other and kissed Carlile on the head again. Than we ran of to my room.

"Do not forget to shower and take off your ridkläderna", he shouted after us.

I waved back and say "yes, yes" but I'm not sure he saw it.

We rushed at full speed, and just then my father came in with Nelly and Emma. Dad dropped the dogs, who immediately started running after us.

"Where are you going?" my father asked.

"We are going to my room."

"Yeah, well im just reminding you that the ball is in two hours, so hurry!" 

I waved once more to show my "yes, yes", but I was not sure if my father saw it either.

When I and Lilly came into the room, with the dogs first in, we slammed the door behind us. Then we both leaned back on the door, and slid slowly down with as high a laugh, and I was sure that everyone in the hall could hear us.

*****************************************************************************

so, not manny people have been reading this, but I hope they will like the next chapters, because they are defently going to get better, now that prins DAMON comes into the storry!!! :D

enyoj!!! <3