I stepped forward and he offered his arm to me. I took it with a blush. The doors of the restaurant opened and I took a deep breathe. This was all for me, though I hate attention, I will grin and bare it. Darien has gone through a lot of trouble to set this up for me, how could I disappoint him? I never want to disappoint him. That is the reason I decided to show up. For him and only for him. To see him again.

"You look amazing tonight." I looked over to Darien. He was smiling. I felt so calm and relaxed by his smile. It could and did melt any ice and nerves that was inside of me. I want him to always smile at me. "Who is the designer?"

How could I tell him that I was the designer. I create beautiful pieces like this all the time for my clients for my secret identity which looks nothing like I do now. Normal, completely normal is what I look like when I am not like this. Only one person in this whole city knows that secret, and he has promised to take it to his grave.

"My dress is from an unknown designer that I know. She is very talented. Irony is that her last name is D'anges."

"The name sounds familiar. She defiantly knows how to dress a heavenly being such as yourself." He was chuckling as we made it to our table. I blushed more at his 'heavenly being' comment. The name should sound familiar because of a fashion show he sponsered that I both wore an outfit down the runway as what he sees me as right now and I had design the dress I wore. It was a great break for me as a designer, though not a very big one as of yet.

The server pulled out my chair for me and I sat down gracefully, like I should. An angel is a lady. Darien took a seat across from me as I removed the napkin from in front of me and placed it into my lap. My wings folded together behind me and down the sides of the seat so that they would not be an inconvince to anyone passing by me. It was awkward to sit like this I know, but there was no other way in this chair.

"This is the first time I have seen you wear anything besides that one outfit off the runway."

"This is the first gown I have worn since I became... well..." I waved my hand over the length of my body. I let him take in what I was saying. I did not want to shudder at my memories of what happened to lead to me looking like this in front of him. Later, I could tell him later about those memories, but not right now.

"You mean you have not always been an angel?" He thought I was born this way, but I wasn't. Sadly I was created just before I died once.

I lowered my head. "No. I was once human like you." How would he take that?

"What happened?" He sounded curious and not shocked!

I looked up at Darien. He seemed understanding and willing to hear anything. I cleared my throat as the server was setting down a glass of red wine. I had told Darien once at an event in my honor that red wines were my preferred wines. I am happy to see that he remembered. Wonder what else he remembered. "My story is not a happy one, and its hard for me to tell anyone."

"I have been told that tragedy is always easiest to overcome when you talk to someone about it." I would love for him to know all about me. Completely know me and all I have been through. But is this the right time for that discussion?

I looked around the restaurant at all the other people. The whole restaurant was full of other poeple of interest in the city. Everyone from the Mayor to senators were happily dining around the room. Several glimpsed over at me and smiled which I smiled back at them. Would it be appropiate to discuss that subject here? "I would feel better speaking about that somewhere a bit more private."

"You are right. Tonight is a night to celebrate you and all you have done for the city. Not dwell on unhappy moments." I smiled at him, though woefully. In the future, he will know my story. Maybe if he knew me, he would be able to help me more than he has. That might be imposing far too much on him. He was too kind as it was.