Chapter 1

Note that PoW is short for Prince of Wales.

The next day, David was reluctant to leave his bed. Last night he couldnt get any sleep because he was busy thinking about the next day. So he barely got any shut eye. He looked at the clock. It was 7:45 am.

David: "Oh shit, i overslept. I was suppose to wake up at 7 o'clock. I cant be late on my first day."

He quickly got out of his bed and went straight for the bathroom. After showering and brushing his teeth, he quickly put on his new uniform. Before he left he looked into the mirror, and then put on his hat. He was wearing a normal commander's uniform. The only different thing is the symbol on his uniform. "Maybe someday i will become an admiral too." he thought to himself.

After leaving his room he went straight to the port. There he will be introduced to his new ships. When he arrived he saw the secretary. She will be introducing him to his first 3 ships.

Secretary:"Hello commander. Running late are we?"

David:"Sorry about that."

Secretary:"No matter. Anyway, I will introduce you to your starter ships. The first one is a destroyer. Her name is Z23.

Z23:"Guten Tag commander

Z23:"Guten Tag commander. My name is Z23. Lets study hard and aim for the top." Talking in a serious German accent.

David:"Hello Z23. Im looking forward to working with you."

Secretary:"The next ship is a light carrier. Her name is Long Island."

Long Island:"Hello commander

Long Island:"Hello commander. My name is Long Island. Wanna play some games? I know many good games." She said in a playfull manner.

David:"Hello Long Island. Maybe if I have free time, OK?"

Secretary:"And lastly we have a battleship. Her name is Prince of Wales."

David looked at her and realized something.

Wales:"Hello commander. My name is Prince of Wales. I will let you witness my true power on the battlefield."

She spoke in a serious and pridefull tone which made David a little impressed.

David:"Nice to meet you. I have a question for you. Have we met before?

Wales:"I dont think so."

David:" Wait. Your the one I bumped into yesterday. Sorry about that."

Wales:"Its alright commander."

They both laughed to get rid of the akward atmosphere.

Secretary:"Well then, after this, I will give you a tour of the port."

David said goodbye to the girls and went on the tour. He was shown to his office, the docks, the girls dorm, the shop, the canteen, and many more, but during the tour, he couldnt concentrate. His mind was still thinking about the last shipgirl( Prince of Wales). For some reason he couldnt get her out of his mind.

After the tour, it was already noon. The secretary said that he starts working tommorow, so he had the rest of the day off. He decided to get something to eat since he didnt have breakfast yet. He went to the canteen to order some food. When he got there, the place was full of people. Since the ports are near each other, and this is one of the few canteens that opened that day, David could understand why its packed.

After waiting in line and getting his food he searched for a place to sit down, but there were no empty seats. Then he saw an empty table so he sat there. Just when he was about to eat, he felt someone tapping his shoulder. It was PoW.

Wales:"May I sit here?"

David:" Sure."

Wales:"Thank you commander."

David:"Please call me David. When were not working you can call me that."

Wales:"Ok David."

They started eating. After finishing their meals, they started talking about the weather, small talk, stuff like that.
They talked for half an hour. Then David looked at his watch. He remembered he was meeting up with some of his friends later. He got up and said goodbye to PoW and left the canteen.

After leaving the canteen, he went to see his friends. They were waiting at the bar. When David got there he saw his 2 best friends. They were already commanders with pretty high ranks.

Alex:"David, over here."

David:"Coming. Hey guys. Good to see you two."

Harry:"Good to see you too man."

David:*sits down* "So what's the special occasion."

Alex:"Today were here to celebrate your graduation and becoming a commander."

Harry:"Were proud of you graduating from the academy."

David:"Thanks guys."

Alex:"No problem dude. Were just happy that your finally becoming a commander like us."

Harry:"Yeah, but im warning you. From this day forward you will have a lot of responsibilities like taking care of your shipgirls and managing your port." He said in a serious tone.

David:"I know that. Thats why I will need both of your help."

Alex:"Dont worry dude. Were here for you."

They drank and talked untill late into the night. After saying goodbye to his friends, David went back to his room.
After brushing his teeth and changing his clothes, he sets an alarm for tommorow. He does not want to be late again. While laying on his bed, he thought back to the conversation he had with PoW. He kept wondering about her. He thought of her as he slowly drifted to sleep.

I dont own any of these pictures. They all belong to their respective owners.