Resume

3

DOMINIQUE

Nang magising si Dominique, naramdaman nyang may nakahawak sa kanang kamay nya. It was the beautiful stranger she saw when she first woke up in the hospital room a week ago. She was sleeping with her head on the the bed. Hawak nito ang kamay nya. It was warm and comforting. She also caught a whiff of the stranger's Green Tea Summer perfume. Who are you?

After learning she had a Retrograde Amnesia, she had several tests with her doctors. She felt exhausted answering endless questions that would help retrieve her memories. So far, she didn't recall anything after her Sagada trip. She lost three years of her life.

She was hysterical when she first learned about it. Dominique refused to see other people especially those she couldn't remember, including the stranger. She only allowed her parents and her brother, Devon to see her.

Her mother said that Kristine and Mary wanted to see her but she denied them. Devon said that the most persistent of them all, was this woman. Dominique refused to even know her name. Nagkasya na lamang itong umupo sa labas ng kwarto nya. Sa tuwing lalabas si Dominique para sa kanyang test, she would ask her parents or her brother to send away whoever's outside her room.

Alam nyang nagmamalasakit lang ang mga ito. She just didn't want to see their pitying looks. She's frustrated that there was a large chunk of her life missing. Hindi pa rin nya matanggap ang nangyari. Dominique wanted her memories back. She did cognitive interview and even hypnosis but it didn't help.

Maybe she should be talking to her friends after all. At the same time, she was afraid of her memories. Anong mga ginawa nya in the last three years? She only remembered the last time she got drunk in Sagada. When she was hoping for a new beginning.

Did she moved on from her heartbreak? Kasi nararamdaman pa rin nya ang lungkot nang maalala si Marcus. She felt anger when Lindsey's face loomed in her memory. Bakit hindi na lang yun ang nakalimutan nya?

"Dom..." narinig nyang tawag ng babae sa kanya. Natutulog pa rin ito at mas hinigpitan nito ang hawak sa kamay nya. Hindi nya magawang bawiin. Hindi rin nya magawang gisingin ito at paalisin. She just stared at her gorgeous face. Sino kaya ito? Paano at kailan sila nagkakilala? They must be closed. She was curious but at the same time scared.

Dominique felt the woman's thumb unconsciously and gently rubbed the back of her hand. It sent electricity down her body. Gusto nyang tanggalin ang kamay sa pagkakahawak nito pero hindi nya magawa. Dominique liked the warmness of her touch.

She drifted to sleep.

Nang muling magising si Dominique, ang babaing iyon ang una nyang nakita. She was sitting cross legged while reading a magazine with Taylor Swift's face on the cover. She noticed her legs were long and shapely. She was wearing a black denim jacket over a white top. Her hair was long and mahogany colored.

"Good morning!" Masiglang bati sa kanya ng babae nang makitang gising na sya. Ibinaba nito ang hawak na magazine sa sofa saka sya nito nginitian. Walang bakas ng awa or lungkot sa mga mata nito habang nakatingin sa kanya, unlike her parents and brother. She was staring at her like she was a normal person with no amnesia. "I know you don't want me here but your brother stepped out for a bit to buy coffee. Pag bumalik sya, lalabas na ako. Promise."

Lalabas na ako. Hindi aalis, kundi lalabas. She'd probably stay outside her room again.

Dominique didn't respond. She couldn't meet her warm brown eyes. Umiwas sya ng tingin dito. She focused her attention on a beautifully arranged fresh Gardenias on top of the table. Araw-araw na pinapalitan ito ng iba't-ibang bulaklak. Pinakapaborito nya ang Gardenias.