Chapter One: A Long Time Ago

"Nicole?" A voice called out to her, she frowned, confused because who in the world would know her here in New York?

"Nick, is that you?" The voice called out.

Nick.

She didn't know why she stopped. She hasn't been called that name for a very long time that she was certain that it wasn't meant for her. She felt a light tap on her shoulder, startling her. "Nick, wait! Hey – "

She sighed. "I'm sorry I think you've mistaken me ..." She turned around but her voice trailed as soon as recognition leapt into her eyes. "Liam?" She said his name in disbelief.

"I can't believe it," he said as he grabbed her into his arms for an embrace.

Neither could Nicole. Liam was from her past. A past that she had tried to forget, yet here she was in tears,  reveling from the emotions overtaking her heart.

"Grams..." He whispered as he sighed.

Her heart melted as soon as she heard the name he had fondly called her. She had almost forgotten about that, but yes, he had always called her 'Grams'.

"How's it going, Lee?" She smiled as she said the name she fondly called him.

"I can't believe it's really you," Liam said after he released her, gently wiping the tears with his thumb. "Shit, don't cry."

She looked up into the familiar eyes of the young boy, now a man, she had known years ago. "I'm just ..." She wasn't even sure - there were so much emotions. "I still cant believe I'm here with you, I swear I didn't think I would see you again. I  means it's been forever, Lee."

"Five years," he supplied, still not letting her go.

Yes, it has been five years.

"So I guess this is it, Lee," she forced an encouraging smile, taking his hand in hers. They may not be related by blood but he will always be her brother. The eighteen-year-old boy smiled at her pretending to be brave but there was uncertainty in his eyes. She knew she had to be brave for him, she had to be brave for all of them - even for that one person who had just caused her world to crumble.

"I'm scared, Grams," he admitted in a whisper.

She tightened her hold of his hand. "We all are. But just remember our DREAM. Hold on to that and every bit of this is worth it. Have faith."

Liam nodded, straightening his stand. "I'll make you proud. I promise," kissing her gently on her forehead.

Nick let go of his hands and held his face. Meeting his gaze she smiled at him lovingly, "I'm already proud of you Lee."

Her words were enough for him to believe, enough for him to have faith. He took her into his arms and held her, wishing he could bring her with him to Germany. She had always believed in them, encouraged them, helped them, and somehow managed to share with the rest of them the profound love she had for one of them.

A voice announcing their flight signaled that it was time for them to leave for Germany. It was time for them to chase their DREAM - to sing, to entertain, to make music. A dream to make a name for themselves, a dream to make the name, Glory Box, known to the world.

"That's you, love," she bit her lip as she fought the tears that were building in her eyes.

Liam nodded. "You are coming to visit us, right?"

She nodded, even if she knew it was not going to happen. "Take care of yourself, okay?"

"You take care of yourself too," He insisted as he looked down at her with concern.