X: Total Defeat

Magsimula sa umpisa

A moment of darkness later I woke up in a cage, my hands tied to a pole in the middle. I could feel a hand on my back, I turned to see Houzer, struggling to pull himself free.

"Shit." I said aloud.

We were in a well lit tent, surrounded by wooden crates and boxes rather than caged up children. Explosion guy must have kept us for himself, of course he would, pig.

"Vasta..." Houzer said.

Though I couldn't hear him at the time, I was too busy freaking out, we'd lost control of the situation and I had no reason to believe the new guy could save us. It was over! We were doomed.

"This is it isn't it? It's over! At best we become servants, and at most likely we're slaves!"

"Vasta..." Houzer continued.

"We're don't for, oh my god, I never even got to see Atlas in person. This is my own fault actually-"

"Vasta!" Houzer shouted, momentarily breaking me out of my freak out.,"This isn't it."

"The hell are you talking about now? We're done for. At best we'll become slaves! Just face it Houzer, we don't have our weapons, our teammates, or any way out of here."

"No. I want you to listen to me for once. Stop thinking and feel. Feel in that amazing, beautiful way only you can Vasta. Think about what makes you special and feel with that!" Houzer insisted.

"What are you-" I thought he was just trying to be sweet, but then I realized what he meant.

I used my semblance to feel the vibrations in the earth. Footsteps, raindrops, footsteps, raindrops, footsteps, raindrops, there! Something strong, no, many small things acting as one. A system of small tunnels beneath the soil. Worms and ants making their way to the surface. But something was with them, small mammals following the worms digging upwards.

"What's your plan?" I asked.

"You'll see, just stay calm."

The earth next to us began to collapse. A tiny pair of claws and a long pink nose surfaced before a small furry mole came up, worm in mouth. It sniffed around the surface before quickly turning around and digging back into the earth. An army of ants then emerged from the opened hole, crawling into our cage and eating away at the rope that tied us to the pole in the cage.

Houzer rubbed his wrist had felt his exposed skin, must have still burnt from earlier.

"You alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, don't worry about it." He said.

The ants then climbed all over the crates, going inside in search of something, eventually coming out with a bunch of paper clips carried in by a small army of ants.

"Houzer, locks don't work like that." I said as he began to bend a paper clip.

He stuck his hand outside the cage and stuck the small metal rod into the lock, moving it around for a second before something clicked and the lock loosened.

"Bullshit!"

"Let's just say I'm good with my hands and get out of here." He said, pulling the lock off and kicking the door open.